Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-01-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
chelvdog
Soul baby

Default Cams, Intake & ECU's

Im getting pacemaker comp extractors & a 2.5inch exhaust fitted tomorrow & I want to round off the mechanical mods with a nice streetable cam and upgraded intake. From what I've read you guys write, theres a Wade cam which seems to do the job. What model number would best suit an auto ED? Also would like to upgrade the intake, maybe a better panel filter & bigger intake pipe. Is the ED XR8 intake much better than mine? Would I be best rounding out the package with an EDXR6 ECU??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 21-01-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
neb
hibernating

the wade 1004 114 cam is recommended for autos... you could try the 112 but it might idle a little too lumpy and stall.

intake you can get a k&n or bmc panel filter.. and an XH intake snorkel is bigger.

i dont think the xr6 ecu would make alot of difference... better off going a chip or something if you want to upgrade the ecu
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 03:37 PM   #3
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

From what people say around here, Wade appear to make decent cams. If you have the money, the JMM cams are a little better.
A DEV3, or DEV3HL would likely best suit an auto ED.

Just fit a XH snorkel to the intake, and maybe a better air filter, but the benefits of the filter are dubious at best. You also need to fit a bigger flexible pipe from the TB to the air box, the earlier EA one is actually better than the later ones. Grab one from a wrecker.

ECU change will do bugger all, but an aftermarket chip such as Unichip or Chiptorque will give some very handy gains.

Rick.
Old 21-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #4
Walkinshaw
Two > One

as said above 1004/114 or Dev3 would be the best cams.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 08:58 PM   #5
EB6
apprentice grease monkey

Ive got an EB II, 4L auto. Im running a stage 3 crow cam second spec which works from 22000rpm- the red line and makes great torque, a k&n pod in a custom box with pipe taking air from behind the lhf bumper, tuned length pacemaker extractors with full 2 1/2" exhaust and a uni chip piggy back com. This all up cost me a bit over 2g at trade price and is makin a bit over 130rwkw and 450N of torque (that isnot NM) chaning the manifold to an ef and puttin mechanically adjustable cam gear should see 140rw easily.
The only thing i can say which lets this down is the gear ratios which dont help the cam much since the gears are low and the cam doenst work till high rpm makin launches slow. Im trying to chase some 4.11:1 diff ratios which will make it go close to a manual and launch alot better. But im still getting 500k out of a tank and have a nice burble on idle which is still very streetable.
EB6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 11:38 PM   #6
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB6
Ive got an EB II, 4L auto. Im running a stage 3 crow cam second spec which works from 22000rpm- the red line
big typo there lol

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 12:03 AM   #7
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

hey hey, thats a very revy engine. i think he might have meant 2200, but isnt 2200 a little high for the cam to kick in? i thought the cam increased down low aswell?
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #8
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

some do some dont, a lot of the bigger ones lose some down low but gain heaps up high...
Old 25-01-2005, 12:07 AM   #9
InitialD
Low and Loud

Fitting a EDXR6 ECU will just give you better kickdown times.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2005, 08:04 PM   #10
EB6
apprentice grease monkey

HA HA whoops. what can i say i build a good engine.
EB6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 09:20 PM   #11
efbeggza
03 BA Fairmont Ghia

How much do one of these Wade cams cost?
efbeggza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 09:34 PM   #12
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

120 ish comparied to the dev cam which is tripple that
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 11:26 PM   #13
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJECTED_250
120 ish comparied to the dev cam which is tripple that