Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-11-2005, 05:44 PM   #1
BLACK 6
★★★

Default Deck (CD changer) Wiring

Hey
I just bought a new sony xplod deck and after taking out the old one that was in there (not the standard one) I was going to use the same wires to reconnect the both up... Only to find that after taking out the first one, the main plug doesnt fit the other one (main wire with 13 wires (colour coded) leading to one port). How hard is it it to reconnect all of these or is it better to get it done profesionally?
I'm talking about the 16 pin plug, with multiple colours coming out of it.

BLACK 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
CruizinEB
Banned

i would take it to a professional, lest they know what there doing
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 06:21 PM   #3
LTDHO
The one and only

You need to go to an audio store and discuss install with them. You may be able to but an adaptor otherwise you will have to hardwire the Sony loom into your car.

If you have to hard wire, make sure every conection is soldered and protected!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #4
GenesiS
*Smart *** comment here*

If you're unsure of what you're doing then don't do it!

I've installed probably two dozen head units for friends and friends of friends, and the stuff ups i've come accross because people don't know what they are doing!

Worst case was one girl, who had a 'friend' install it for her,and it resulted in her central locking and keyless not working, two blown speakers, several blown fuses, all internal lights blown, and shorted the computer (fortunately no damage).

There are wires in wiring blocks to stereos that do not relate to the stereo, which is largely where confusion sets in, as there are earths that belong to lighting and alarm systems involved.

Anyways, I would suggest a professional as they are resposible for any damage done and should know what they are doing...

That's my advice... oh yes, and as stated before, make sure, if you do install it yourself, solder all connections and cover each individually if you hard wire the loom to the car.
Lowered all round on King Spring Super Lows
Tinted Windows, Pioneer MP3 Player and Audio System
K&N High Flow Air Filter Mounted in Original Air Box
Trip Computer
NGK Sports Performance Leads
NGK Sports Plugs
Autotecnica Oil Catch Can
GenesiS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 08:53 PM   #5
harpsta
I6 LICKS

I rencently hardwired the loom in for my new headunit and if you have had some experience with electronics it wont be to bad, there is wiring diagrams available on fordmods http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=27 You need to register if you aren't a member. But if you are unsure you should get it done pro.
harpsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 12:14 AM   #6
BLACK 6
★★★

thanks, pro it is!, any pricing on pro job?
and where?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:26 AM   #7
CruizinEB
Banned

were in perth do you live?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:45 AM   #8
BuuBox

It's easy if you use the Fordmods tutorial. I installed a headunit at 2am after a JB Hifi midnight sale with the help of it...
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 01:23 AM   #9
BLACK 6
★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZIN EB
were in perth do you live?
south of the river
Old 10-11-2005, 02:25 AM   #10
CruizinEB
Banned

give west side car audio in Cannington, they gave me a great price on my stuff ;)
Old 10-11-2005, 06:08 PM   #11
BLACK 6
★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZIN EB
give west side car audio in Cannington, they gave me a great price on my stuff ;)
price for installation?