Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 11-11-2005, 12:34 AM   #61
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Sweet hopw to see you there azza!
Old 11-11-2005, 11:06 AM   #62
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Thanks for the pm Matt.

Would love to come, but huge family commitments (Family from Qld and USA)

Plus I'm saving up brownie points to go the the AFF Dyno day on Nov 26.

Have a great day
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 02:06 PM   #63
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

I thought my mates other commitment was work, but it turns out he is going to a christening, So we can't make the cruise, But we might come to the Shell for a look at the fine rides and to meet you guys..
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 03:53 PM   #64
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Thanks for the pm Matt.

Would love to come, but huge family commitments (Family from Qld and USA)

Plus I'm saving up brownie points to go the the AFF Dyno day on Nov 26.

Have a great day
I'll be there. I am currently (as we speak) having my exhaust taken off, never did dyno my car with it on, but interested to see how yours goes!!!

NO probs, have a good weekend anyway!
Old 11-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #65
OZST24

What a day, well my brake light turned on which shows something is up with the brakes, went and checked them and they are stuffed! Very little left on the pad.

Repco does not stock anything for my car (Bastards!) and im tossing up whether to upgrade my brakes of to just replace the pads.

Either way my car is without brakes, which is the last thing i need before a GOR cruise. So im going to have to give it a miss untill next time when ill be back better then ever!

Sorry for the let down guys!
OZST24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #66
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I'll be there. I am currently (as we speak) having my exhaust taken off, never did dyno my car with it on, but interested to see how yours goes!!!

NO probs, have a good weekend anyway!

Had my car dynoed the other day (Dyno Dynamics Shootout mode). Very dissappointing. 73.1 kW at the wheels.(either 89kW at flywheel or 96 kW depending who you talk to.)

Am adding a Pipercross Viper, Pipercross Induction hose, and custom setup utilizing ST170 snorkel before shootout. Took a base measure so I could see if the Pipercross added anything. Will report the whole exercise to the forums once all set up and re dynoed.

Gotta wonder if the car was getting 96kW in the first place
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 11-11-2005, 11:36 PM   #67
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to do this guys :( but I've got little-no money left so I can't make it on Sunday =/ If only I got the job 2 weeks earlier I would've had something decent =x

Sorry guys :(
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 04:10 PM   #68
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Had my car dynoed the other day (Dyno Dynamics Shootout mode). Very dissappointing. 73.1 kW at the wheels.(either 89kW at flywheel or 96 kW depending who you talk to.)

Am adding a Pipercross Viper, Pipercross Induction hose, and custom setup utilizing ST170 snorkel before shootout. Took a base measure so I could see if the Pipercross added anything. Will report the whole exercise to the forums once all set up and re dynoed.

Gotta wonder if the car was getting 96kW in the first place
I got 99.3HP (74.048kW), was that at the western suburbs dyno comp too? Funny thing is, I'm wrapped with that from a stock, 20 year old engine which I thought would be lucky to be putting out 60rwkW, lol

Pretty damn close figure to mine considering mine is a 4.1L 6 cylinder!
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #69
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I want to dyno my focus now!!! I will have bugger all kW but good for a print out before I drop in the supercharger
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:01 PM   #70
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I got the following, 76.7 kw thus 103HP at the wheels. As for what the flywheel power is, that's a tough one thus I'll stick to wheel power.

Old 12-11-2005, 06:04 PM   #71
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Just a reminder - this cruise is officially postponed.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:08 PM   #72
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
I got the following, 76.7 kw thus 103HP at the wheels. As for what the flywheel power is, that's a tough one thus I'll stick to wheel power.

Wow, not bad mate! And sticking to wheel power sounds like a wheely good idea to me (sorry, couldn't resist the bad pun).
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 07:33 PM   #73
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Might I add Stephen (which you will not like) that Dyno was when my car was 12 months old and running stock exhaust, 96 RON fuel and nothing more than a K&N panel filter. Was your dyno on 98 RON Optimax with the Herrod exhaust?
Old 13-11-2005, 12:12 AM   #74
melbzetec

ouch ouch ouch. Can feel it rubbing in now.

98 ron, Herrod exhaust, BMC panel filter! So one of two things. It was down on power when stock. Or it has gone backwards.

Will have it done again once Pipercross is on.

ps What was your tyre pressure? Doesn't show on the readout.Operator did mine at 50psi

Old 13-11-2005, 03:33 AM   #75
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I should correct my last post to 95 RON - Caltex Vortex. Must have accidentally typed 96 instead of 95. So my only mod was the filter. I always felt I had a hottie from the factory though, bog stock it kept V6's honest... Commodores etc.

Tyre pressure was stock, roughly 32psi from memory. I odn't remember them increasing it. I certainly never let it out afterwards...
Old 13-11-2005, 08:56 AM   #76
melbzetec

This dyno discussion is an interesting one, and one not held on the Forums before regarding Focus or Fiesta. We should move it to its own thread so evryone can get in on the issue. How can we do that?

Old 13-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #77
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Just a reminder - this cruise is officially postponed.
Thats why there was no one there this morning..
I should have checked the forums yesturday.... DOH.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 10:58 PM   #78
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Sorry chief, we apologise! we will be rescheduling though.
Old 13-11-2005, 11:33 PM   #79
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully you will be able to attend as well!
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post