Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-11-2005, 11:33 PM   #1
crannersEL
Banned

Default BA Remote Issue

Hey People, Tonight dad went out to his BA XR6 and tried to unlock the doors with the remote. But they wouldnt unlock. So we went inside and grabbed the spair keypad and it doesnt work either.

The remote works within 2 metres of the car but no futher. The car is about a month old so im guessing it wouldnt be the battery in the handsets.
When we first got the car we could unlock the car about 15 metres away, but now its not the case.

Any ideas guys??

Thanks Paul

crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 12:02 AM   #2
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

I'd still check out the batteries first,they could be faulty.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 08:51 AM   #3
ba-xr8

the remote on my 2000 magna did that too. turned out to be a faulty remote. sometimes i car will tick over when i goto start it and it'll kill the engine straight away. turned out my remote wasnt disarming the immobiliser properly. i was told that batteries never fail in central locking remotes cause they draw so little power. id say take it back to the dealer or goto the service dept. thats from my experience though
ba-xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 09:05 AM   #4
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

batteries, or stuffed remote. maybe grab a mate with a ba remote and try it, only reason i say that, when i was working at ford, i had to go down to the RTA so i drove one of the company cars, a BA fairmont, i came back and parked it right near service dept, got out and locked it as i was walking into the service shed, and 2 BA turbos on the hoists both locked as well, and a tech just looked at me and said 'thats not good', tried it a few more times and all 3 cars unlocked and locked :
Old 18-11-2005, 09:14 AM   #5
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by crannersEL
Hey People, Tonight dad went out to his BA XR6 and tried to unlock the doors with the remote. But they wouldnt unlock. So we went inside and grabbed the spair keypad and it doesnt work either.

The remote works within 2 metres of the car but no futher. The car is about a month old so im guessing it wouldnt be the battery in the handsets.
When we first got the car we could unlock the car about 15 metres away, but now its not the case.

Any ideas guys??

Thanks Paul
Are you sure there's no excessive noise around your area?

When I used to service ABC in Gore Hill they had a carpark right next to a broadcast tower and you'd have to be right next to the receiver for it to have a chance to work, most of the time I had to lock and unlock the car using the key. Does it have the same problem elsewhere?

Same as you, I doubt the batteries in both remotes would be flat after such a short period of time.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #6
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had similar problems with the BA Tray-top ute at work, happens from time to time I guess. My fairmont hasnt had any problems ... yet. :1syellow1
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #7
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
batteries, or stuffed remote. maybe grab a mate with a ba remote and try it, only reason i say that, when i was working at ford, i had to go down to the RTA so i drove one of the company cars, a BA fairmont, i came back and parked it right near service dept, got out and locked it as i was walking into the service shed, and 2 BA turbos on the hoists both locked as well, and a tech just looked at me and said 'thats not good', tried it a few more times and all 3 cars unlocked and locked :

Guess the psuedo random generation code isn't very broad. LOL
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #8
BF MKII UTE

i've noticed a couple of time that the remote wont unlock the BA MKII. not often but it still happens occasionally.
BF MKII UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2005, 12:07 AM   #9
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Are you sure there's no excessive noise around your area?

When I used to service ABC in Gore Hill they had a carpark right next to a broadcast tower and you'd have to be right next to the receiver for it to have a chance to work, most of the time I had to lock and unlock the car using the key. Does it have the same problem elsewhere?

Same as you, I doubt the batteries in both remotes would be flat after such a short period of time.
I work at the gore hill transmission site and i can vouch for the fact that you cant (in extremely noisy environments) use any sort of remote.

most likely cause is flat batteries or RF noise in the area
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2005, 12:15 AM   #10
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Three BA remotes, as well as an AU remote, will work if you press the buttons in my office, which is through a 40cm+ concrete floor, to the car park below, and not directly above the car. It can't be a power issue, unless the batteries are down!
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2005, 11:27 AM   #11
F6Tornado

we have a problem with the tornado occassionaly, where it is unlocked but isn't. the guys in the service dept took both remotes back and tried to reproduce the error but couldn't (but then again we've got them stuffed with a cooling system that has been flushed by them 7 times and each time there is sludge in the system - lets just say our 11 week old tornado is just about to have a new engine)

Schaz