Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-12-2005, 03:51 AM   #1
5L
[ 5L ]

Default clutch: stock or not

i am looking at buying a new clutch for my car, i am thinking bout getting an xtream clutch for the eb, but after talking to one of my mates with a vn 5 speed and as both cars share the same gearbox, he told me not to worry bout it as he has done his spicket(not sure on spelling) 3 times, and also they are a bit pricey got quoted at 650 installed and 300 for a stock one. cars not putting out big power or anything, so is it worth getting a better pressure clutch or would a stock one be fine. i also heard that u can use a stock clutch and put brass buttons in it and this makes it grab harder, or what other good clutch brands are out there that arnt so pricey. cheers

[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 11:23 AM   #2
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Keep in mind if you use firmer pressure plate it puts stress on firewall and pedal box..
Ask for stronger pressure plate with same pedal effert, they can be set up that way..
Personally I'd keep away from brass button clutch's they are either in or out..Unfortunately its one of those things the more you bassically pay the better the assembly...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 04:38 PM   #3
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

i have an extreme orgainic fibre 900kg clutch, does the job well, cost about $445 iirc, shouldnt cost more then about 200bux to get a clutch installed depending were you get it done, also while the clutch is out id get the flywheel lightened, chris milton done mine, lightened it from 11.2kg to 9.5kg or some were around there. also well worth the money.

Ehab

need psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
5L
[ 5L ]

sounds like a plan, how much did milton's do that for, i heard they can dyno tune cars aswell is that true
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #5
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They dont have a dyno. Road and track seem to know their way around falcons and aren't to far up the road.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 05:49 PM   #6
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

yeah road and track are pretty good, blackwood dyno tuning are very nice to the e-series club (had a couple of dyno days out there) and morpower have also looked after us.

i cant remember how much chris milton charged ill try to find a receipt.

Ehab

Old 28-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #7
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

well couldnt find the receipt for the flywheel but the clutch was only $370 not $445. i dont think it was more then 180 to get the flywheel lightened and the clutch balanced to the flywheel.

Old 28-12-2005, 05:59 PM   #8
stiddy
Banned

i have a heavy duty Daiken Excedy organic clutch, highly recommend it... $550 fitted...
although my next clutch will be more of a ceramic type.. but im going for a fair bit more power to..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post