Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #31
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: permit Rego

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU View Post
Some good info in this thread.

A group of mates and I recently started a club (Garage Inc, based out in Pitman's in Moordialloc) and you'd be fooled if you thought it was easy. This is a full-time gig that requires planning and lots of it.. It took us months to draft up a constitution that we were happy with plus all the too'ing and fro'ing with consumer affairs!

We do offer club reg and ask that those who did apply for it through us have an up to date RWC. It is only then that we will sign off on a club permit. People don't seem to understand that when a club signs off on a club permit they are taking on the responsibility that a qualified mechanic has in issuing a RWC.

As we have only been in existance less than a year, our real challenge is going to be member retention but we are confident that we will keep a solid member's base.
Thanks for your post, now maybe you can let Stefan (above) know, coz he thinks it's all beer and skittles
Old 16-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #32
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Thanks for your post, now maybe you can let Stefan (above) know, coz he thinks it's all beer and skittles
Na mate **** easy to start a club n every ones doen it, street machine said so

I think its great if a group of people want to start a new club, the ones that are doing it for the right reasons will go great the ones who see it as an easy way to get cheap rego will more than likely crumble in the early days

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 16-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #33
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i believe vicroads should be the ones controlling this or a limited km use system for older vehicles.been flamed before for these thoughts ,but i wonder if the clubs are opposed to this for fear of losing members.
This user likes this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #34
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am in a Club and I have club rego, but it is not the reason I am in the Club, our club is very social, lots of social outings, not just to car shows, my missus works at home and has very little adult contact, she loves the club.

If it all went pear shape I would be happy to go back to standard rego, that would mean I could put the black and white plates back on the XP. I do appreciate the cheaper rego cost, but it certainly isn't the only reason we are in our club, they are a great bunch of like minded people and believe it or not we actually don't sit around and talk about cars, it is too social for that - LOL
Old 16-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #35
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im all for people who want to join a club for what ever reason they have.why not bring in tax cuts if u join a particular group,should b gov ran for all people otherwise just another form of discrimination
Old 16-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #36
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
I am in a Club and I have club rego, but it is not the reason I am in the Club, our club is very social, lots of social outings, not just to car shows, my missus works at home and has very little adult contact, she loves the club.

If it all went pear shape I would be happy to go back to standard rego, that would mean I could put the black and white plates back on the XP. I do appreciate the cheaper rego cost, but it certainly isn't the only reason we are in our club, they are a great bunch of like minded people and believe it or not we actually don't sit around and talk about cars, it is too social for that - LOL
Up here you can have personalized or original plates on Club Rego. You don't have to have the Club rego plates.............
Old 16-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #37
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's not discrimination at all its a special interest concession offered to enthusiasts for special limited purposes, if you want to be one of these people that uses your special interest vehicle in accordance with these limited use criteria and obide by the clubs by laws your more than welcome to access the scheme

VIC Roads RMS and every other state already have alternatives for those that don't want to be a part of an automotive social club and use thei vehicles withing the permit perimeters, its called registration

It seems to me there are a lot of people that want club plates but don't want to be in a club, lets put it simply if you want to have sex but don't want to be in a relationship you have to pay cash for it, yes it's true if your in a relationship you pay in other ways, well regos no different if you don't want to participate in the club and pay that way, you have to pay for full rego,

3 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #38
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you pay for sex in 1 way or another whether u want to or not.and that was a poor example
Old 16-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #39
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack View Post
you pay for sex in 1 way or another whether u want to or not.and that was a poor example
No that's the point I'm trying to make you pay for the rego one way or the other wether it's contributing as an active club member or paying the cash

Club Regos not a free ride

Old 16-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #40
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Re: permit Rego

Hi all
Im in two clubs at the moment in QLD
Im thinking of moving to Victoria
now what do I do about changing my QLD club rego
to VIC club rego
does that mean I have to join a Victorian club
and then wait a year before I can get VIC club rego
also just out of interest Just say Im doing up a classic car
and want to use club rego when its finished
If I join a club and have to spend about a year
fixing up the car does being a member for 12 months
qualify me to have club rego (car will have a RWC)
even if the car hasnt been on the road for that time
just like to know where I stand
thanks John
Old 16-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #41
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by last fairlane View Post
Hi all
to VIC club rego
thanks John
Not all clubs have that as a rule

If it were one of my clubs we would wave the waiting period but you would have to wait until you were accepeted as a member so it wouldn't be a walk up start

If your fair dinkum that wouldn't be a problem

As for the car in the build most clubs have no problem with that as long as your active within the club and it's roadworthy when you apply for the permit

2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #42
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi all
to VIC club rego
thanks John

Hi John,

Mate your Queensland concessional rego is not transferable period. If you are intending to move interstate you essentially have two options as I see it.

Option 1 is to change your club rego back to full Qld rego and then transfer to Vic full rego when you get there. Then you can look at club rego under the Vic Roads scheme once you settle and join an approved club that suits your lifestyle.

Option 2 is to cancel your Qld rego altogether, transport your car to Vic or drive it on an unregistered vehicle permit, and then re register in your new home state once you're there.

Cheers,

Russ

Last edited by ozpacman; 16-05-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 17-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #43
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as has been said sme clubs don't have a waiting period, some do, our club won't accept unregistered cars, in our club you have to be member with a registered car for 12 months to access the club rego scheme.

In Victoria the nominated club person has to sign off on your application to access the club rego scheme, then they have to sign every year you re-new.

I just changed car clubs, the new club has to notify Vicroads of your acceptance (and sign off on the roadworthiness of the car) into their club. It is not an easy process.
Old 17-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #44
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Hi all
to VIC club rego
thanks John
I think your biggest problem is thinking of moving from Qld to Vic
Old 17-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #45
a-total-tool

Semi-Hijack.

What are the restrictions of club/historic rego? There is a car in my area being driven on historic plates, driven almost every day. I have no issues with the car per se (I actually like it) - I do have issues with a bloody loud V8 leaving for work just after 4am. I was under the impression that these could not be driven every day.
Old 17-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #46
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

na man you are allowed to take them on maintaince runs with in a set radius of your home, you know to keep them moving and fuel them up, or take them to the mechainics for work sort of thing, other wise its sanctioned events and club meetings unles to get a permit from the club secratery

some people do abuse the system and they will get done then the system will be screwed for every one

Old 17-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #47
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
some people do abuse the system and they will get done then the system will be screwed for every one
And those who do get caught put the club's permit scheme in jeopardy, which in some circumstances results in Vic Roads revoking the ability of the club to issue permits.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #48
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been watching this thread with interest and some of the attitudes and negativity displayed here are the very reason that clubs don't suit every enthusiast. Rather than quote everyone because that would make it a very long post I've listed some major points that have been brought up.

1 assuming that the op was just after cheap rego and telling him to move on with out establishing what he really was after. That's jumping the gun and negative towards an enthusiast just asking a simple question. That sort of thing turns a lot of people off joining a club.

2 The schemes were developed for enthusiasts not clubs. The reason clubs were picked to administer the various schemes is because it would cost money for the various state authorities to administer them. If it costs the authorities money the schemes would not exist. So club members do the work for free to obtain the benefits that they enjoy.

3 The assumption is being made by a few posters that if someone isn't active that they must be rorting the system or doing something wrong. I don't see any reason not to have club members that don't attend meetings etc. Forward thinking clubs can benefit by having a two tiered membership fee. A cheaper fee for active members and a more costly one for those who are unable to fulfil the various restrictions and requirements that the club puts on its members.

4 Restricting membership to people with registered cars only is so negative!
Just having an interest in cars should be enough to join a club. Just imagine someone who doesn't have a car but still wants to join would be the best asset a club could have because they are joining for the camaraderie and mateship of like minded people and with out a registered car there is no way that they can be rorting the system as some posters are afraid they might.

5 There are a lot of people who on the other hand have a suitable car and don't want to be active in a club for private reasons so the clubs say you can't have any of the benefits of a scheme set up for all car enthusiasts because we have rules and you won't adhere to them. Here again a club can derive a monetary benefit for the administration work done for this enthusiast rather than make them toe the corporate line.

6 As for the volunteers who administer the schemes but are afraid of big brother causing them legal hassles. If you are that worried don't volunteer, or use some of the suggestions on here like insisting that the car has a roadworthy every year. It is then only a matter of signing off that the owner is a club member and the vehicle fits the criteria of the scheme. Once the owner leaves the club environs it is up to them to adhere to the traffic regulations and scheme rules. It is up to the authorities to administer this not the club committees, subject to the clause where the club becomes aware of misuse then it must be reported to cover ones backside. Pretty easy really!

7 One poster has made the assumption that because clubs are new they are the ones who will bring the scheme down eventually! Rubbish! That's an across the board assumption that has no basis in fact.
The same poster assumes that because there are a lot more cars on the scheme now than there were five years ago that it is a bad thing and someone must be doing something dodgy.
Could it not be more enthusiasts with spare cash or thousands of imported cars that fit the suitability criteria, now that left hand drive is legal and a high aussie dollar or a dozen other reasons. 35000 cars on the scheme is a much louder political voice than the 5000 that were on the scheme a few years ago so I don't agree that it may be the demise of the scheme.

8 Some think its only a matter of time before the schemes get brought down by shonky scrutineers. I can't agree with this because the authorities will deal with it in the same way that they deal with anyone who gets caught rorting the system and revoke their rights to operate. Investigate and evaluate each one on its merits.

8 I think that the question " I just got a rod off ebay how do I go about transferring it to my name?" is a very reasonable question. I would ask it if I just bought a rod and didn't yet know the ins and outs of the system. This person didn't work out to be the ideal club member in the end but the way the poster put it, that assumption was made after that question was asked and before anything else was apparent. A bit of a negative view of prospective new members that one!
Old 17-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #49
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi all
to VIC club rego
thanks John
Mate, all you have to do to get your car to Vic is drive it there under your Qld club rego scheme. You will need to attend a show or run in the area you want to take the car to, adhering to what ever the Qld requirements are for attending the event. Once there all you have to do is drive it home to your new address in Vic after the event. No need to change or cancel rego until then.

After that find a club that suits your needs and join up. The rest has already been explained previously.
Old 17-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #50
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
from the Vicroads website

so in effect the 'scrutineer' is signing off that the car is 'roadworthy' this comes with the same responsibility as the mechanic down the road who does roadworthies
Not a problem at all. If the club is really concerned as Yeti said get the member to do a roadworthy at the mechanic, my club does this and it is more convenient for me. Club registrar might live 300kms away who knows?

If an issue arose (a defect) your response would be same as your mechanic "it was A1 when I looked at it" And again I have heard of no issues with this.

If a car is defected for any reason it is the owners responsibility.

Certainly your words of the club having it's a **** in a sling is a huge dramatization.

Again the scheme has been running for donkeys
Old 17-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #51
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflac52 View Post
I've been watching this thread with interest and some of the attitudes and negativity displayed here are the very reason that clubs don't suit every enthusiast. Rather than quote everyone because that would make it a very long post I've listed some major points that have been brought up.

1 assuming that the op was just after cheap rego and telling him to move on with out establishing what he really was after. That's jumping the gun and negative towards an enthusiast just asking a simple question. That sort of thing turns a lot of people off joining a club.

2 The schemes were developed for enthusiasts not clubs. The reason clubs were picked to administer the various schemes is because it would cost money for the various state authorities to administer them. If it costs the authorities money the schemes would not exist. So club members do the work for free to obtain the benefits that they enjoy.

3 The assumption is being made by a few posters that if someone isn't active that they must be rorting the system or doing something wrong. I don't see any reason not to have club members that don't attend meetings etc. Forward thinking clubs can benefit by having a two tiered membership fee. A cheaper fee for active members and a more costly one for those who are unable to fulfil the various restrictions and requirements that the club puts on its members.

4 Restricting membership to people with registered cars only is so negative!
Just having an interest in cars should be enough to join a club. Just imagine someone who doesn't have a car but still wants to join would be the best asset a club could have because they are joining for the camaraderie and mateship of like minded people and with out a registered car there is no way that they can be rorting the system as some posters are afraid they might.

5 There are a lot of people who on the other hand have a suitable car and don't want to be active in a club for private reasons so the clubs say you can't have any of the benefits of a scheme set up for all car enthusiasts because we have rules and you won't adhere to them. Here again a club can derive a monetary benefit for the administration work done for this enthusiast rather than make them toe the corporate line.

6 As for the volunteers who administer the schemes but are afraid of big brother causing them legal hassles. If you are that worried don't volunteer, or use some of the suggestions on here like insisting that the car has a roadworthy every year. It is then only a matter of signing off that the owner is a club member and the vehicle fits the criteria of the scheme. Once the owner leaves the club environs it is up to them to adhere to the traffic regulations and scheme rules. It is up to the authorities to administer this not the club committees, subject to the clause where the club becomes aware of misuse then it must be reported to cover ones backside. Pretty easy really!

7 One poster has made the assumption that because clubs are new they are the ones who will bring the scheme down eventually! Rubbish! That's an across the board assumption that has no basis in fact.
The same poster assumes that because there are a lot more cars on the scheme now than there were five years ago that it is a bad thing and someone must be doing something dodgy.
Could it not be more enthusiasts with spare cash or thousands of imported cars that fit the suitability criteria, now that left hand drive is legal and a high aussie dollar or a dozen other reasons. 35000 cars on the scheme is a much louder political voice than the 5000 that were on the scheme a few years ago so I don't agree that it may be the demise of the scheme.

8 Some think its only a matter of time before the schemes get brought down by shonky scrutineers. I can't agree with this because the authorities will deal with it in the same way that they deal with anyone who gets caught rorting the system and revoke their rights to operate. Investigate and evaluate each one on its merits.

8 I think that the question " I just got a rod off ebay how do I go about transferring it to my name?" is a very reasonable question. I would ask it if I just bought a rod and didn't yet know the ins and outs of the system. This person didn't work out to be the ideal club member in the end but the way the poster put it, that assumption was made after that question was asked and before anything else was apparent. A bit of a negative view of prospective new members that one!
As most of the points you are attempting to make are based on my posts, I'll just reply that you haven't got a clue of the point I'm trying to make and if you read my posts properly you would see its the time wasters and guys that want to abuse the system that I am against i meet a few of these clowns a year

I'm not going to waste my time trying to argue the rest of your comments

Old 17-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #52
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You know what I'm tired of this argument

Old 17-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #53
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

there is a very good reason why reputable clubs don't want people to join for cheap rego and cheap rego alone

surprisingly enough, a club permit is tied to a club
i am representing the club i am a member of
if i am caught hooning, then my club will be cast in a bad light
maybe, just maybe, the clubs want to know which people represent their club and not let just anybody join, so they can weed out the idiots that will bring unwanted attention to them

as has said before, if you don't like being in a club, then pay full rego
if you want "cheap rego" then join a club and abide by their rules

i would suggest that option 3 is to start your own club with your own rules, that allow all the riff raff in
but that will probably just come back and bite the reputable clubs anyway, so please just stay with options 1 and 2
3 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #54
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here we go again!

You guys have made another assumption and that is that I am not in a club!!!

I am a club member and our club administers club permits. The reason that I responded to the thread is that a lot of assumptions are being made by posters on past experiences about what is going to happen in the future and a lot of good potential club members could be put off by the negative rhetoric of some of the posts. Some misinformation is also appearing in the thread which could also put people off.

Clubs do not own the permit system, they just administer it to make it cost neutral for the various authorities and it is available to all suitable enthusiasts. As I said before if its getting you down doing the admin just resign from the committee and let some one else do it.
I fully understand that dealing with the public about this can be trying but I don't hold to the idea of being negative about potential members in the future. The idiots and fools are water off a ducks back to me because it might bias me against good potential members otherwise.

And yeti you have made yet another assumption that most of my responses were about your posts "wrong I'm afraid" some might be yours but I have responded to a lot of the previous posts in the thread and as for telling me that I don't have a clue. I purposely left out the fact that I belong to a club and am very active in the modified car scene to see what the responses would be if the posters thought that I was just someone who didn't have ties to clubs and your response to me was negative. This is the point I made earlier! The negativity of the thread has the potential to put a new person to the scene off!

We need to have our sport/hobby growing to keep ahead of the nanny politicians not put people off!

As for trying to make points. I did actually make them I have reread my post and they are there!

As for having an argument. I'm not having an argument just a serious debate about the issue at hand and I am offering suggestions to help ease the problem.

Its a shame that the fact that I don't agree with everything that your clubs are doing has upset those who responded. Don't take it all so seriously! Playing with cars is supposed to be fun!!!
2 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #55
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No I made the assumption that you have know idea of the point I am trying to make, so far you have proven I am correct in making that assumption

Old 18-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #56
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Enough going around in circles
Closed
Closed Thread