Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-01-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Problems wiring shift kit

Ive allredy asked this in another post but ive had no answers so here goes again. Im in the process of putting a shift kit in my car ive done everything but wire to ecu thats where my problem is, the instructions say cut wire from pin 38 and...... but i have no wire coming out of pin 38 so any help would be apreciated cos i dont want to be stuffing arround with my ecu. CHEERS!

starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 06:20 PM   #2
finnyman
smoke rubber, not crack

well wat model car is ur's, cuz from goin off ur info ur using the EL instructions. So....if u dont have an EL you need to get the correct instructions for ur model car. If you do have the EL the wire in hole 38 is the one to the trans, and ur spose to cut that one and solder the wires intructed to either end of that green wire. Then you just tap into 58....i know you already know this but that is as much as i can help man....i dunno maybe double check that it is 38 your lookin at??
finnyman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 06:40 PM   #3
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine is an ED. Well from what i have read the EL instructions are for an ecu with 80+ pins and i am 90% sure that the one i read was for an ed (it was on fordmods.com). I counted from l-r and r-l either way there was no wire in pin 38 so i dunno
Old 10-01-2006, 06:46 PM   #4
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

forget pin 38 and just find out which wire is your trans wire.
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #5
finnyman
smoke rubber, not crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBFalcs
forget pin 38 and just find out which wire is your trans wire.
yeh wat he said, just make sure its trans wire its not the numbers that matter
finnyman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 10:36 PM   #6
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well thats exactly what this post is about how do i find out what one is the trans wire without a s*%t load of stuffing arround
Old 10-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #7
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

look at the wires that go into the trans computer thing. see what colours they are, and what's most likely to be earth and so on and so forth. with a process of elimination you might find the right colour
Old 10-01-2006, 10:41 PM   #8
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

or ring up an auto electrician and ask if they have any idea
Old 10-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #9
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

www.mechanicalforums.com

register, and search for the shift kit diagrams. There should be info on ED I6 auto wiring there mate ;)
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #10
edfairmint

did mine last saturday was pin 38 i cut, 3 from the side, middle row, dark green colour. This was for an ED to by the way so would assume should be same pinout. Let us know how you get on
evan
edfairmint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #11
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
www.mechanicalforums.com

register, and search for the shift kit diagrams. There should be info on ED I6 auto wiring there mate ;)
Cheers, thats actually where i got the diagram from. I posted the same question there so hopefully it all goes well there!!!