Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Pedal Box

Hey guys

Just spent the last hour and a half or so pulling out the dash in my EL. The reason for this is because the pedal box is absolutely knackered. Now, just some quick questions, how many bolts are there in the pedal box assembly? It seems that all that has to be done is undo the clutch cable from the pedal... unclip the brake switch from the brake pedal... and undo the accelerator cable from the accelerator pedal and search for bolts? Ive got my Gregories manual, and there is no tutorial on the pedal box assembly, just the removal of the dash. Bugga, it was a b!tch, but at least it wasnt very time consuming.

Cheers

Nick

MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
d_slayer

2 hold the steering .. 4 hold the brake booster and 3 across the top which is the reason you have to move the dash a little
Old 16-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
Damo
Banned

you don't have to undo the accelerater cable. :P It's just the brake and clutch pedal on the box. And what he said ^^^^
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
Damo
Banned

have a look at this post, there is a picture of the pedal assembly. should give you a good idea of where the bolts are.
Old 16-01-2006, 07:41 PM   #5
Damo
Banned

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...28&postcount=9 ooppppps, should have included the link hey, and no I CBF editing. :P
Old 17-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #6
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok here are some pics of the culprit grr

As you can see the hole in the fire wall is almost completely ripped off. Im replacing that with a genuine Ford upgrade plate (: @ genuine ford though)

There are some pics of the pedal box there... it seems to be in good nick, i think..

It isnt the original pedal box either, its had a new one put it, says the sticker from a Ford dealer on the back of it.
Old 17-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #7
d_slayer

i had the firewall problem in one of my old EA .. i got that piece welded to a piece of flat steel and then screwed it back in place that was like 3 years ago and its still working great.. i think i have a picture somewhere
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICTURE 8.JPG (31.6 KB, 59 views)
Old 17-01-2006, 11:03 AM   #8
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I need to know if that pedal box looks shagged? It seems ok?

Also, how do i take out the sound proofing on the firewall in the engine bay to put the plate it?
Old 17-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #9
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Your pedal box looks like it could do with some mig welding. I had mine on my EF XR6 go and had it mig welded. Mine cracked where the spot welds are for the clutch pivot point.
I didnt have a nasty whole in the firewall like you did though. Arghhh that looks horrible.
Old 17-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #10
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol yeah, it aint pretty :/ How do you take off the sound proof crap in the engine bay?

Im getting a heavy duty pedal box in about 1/2 hour.
Old 17-01-2006, 12:01 PM   #11
d_slayer

should be little tin round clips works the same as a nut and a few nuts coming through it from memory