Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford Australia's current line up

After driving possibily this years best car (Fiesta ST) it got me thinking, Ford really do have an awesome line up and more to come. I just noted some of the cream below and what is coming between Ford and Holden. I may be biased but I personally think we have it good, really good. Makes me wonder why we aren't more positive about our favourite brand on here.

FORD

FIESTA ST
FOCUS ST
MONDEO ECOBOOST
FALCON XR6 TURBO
LOW LWB SEDAN AVAILABLE*
KUGA TITANIUM
TERRITORY TITANIUM
FALCON XR6 TURBO UTE
RANGER XLT
TRANSIT

IN COMING

ECOSPORT
MONDEO/FUSION
EVEREST
TRANSIT
FALCON

HOLDEN

BARINA CDX
CRUZE SRI
MALIBU CDX
COMMODORE SS
CAPRICE
CAPTIVA 5 LTZ
COLORADO 7
CAPTIVA 7 LX
COMMODORE SS
COLORADO LTZ
NO VAN AVAILABLE*

IN COMING

TRAX

6 users like this post:
Old 29-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Australia's current line up

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
After driving possibily this years best car (Fiesta ST) it got me thinking, Ford really do have an awesome line up and more to come. I just noted some of the cream below and what is coming between Ford and Holden. I may be biased but I personally think we have it good, really good. Makes me wonder why we aren't more positive about our favourite brand on here.

FORD

FIESTA ST
FOCUS ST
MONDEO ECOBOOST
FALCON XR6 TURBO
LOW LWB SEDAN AVAILABLE*
KUGA TITANIUM
TERRITORY TITANIUM
FALCON XR6 TURBO UTE
RANGER XLT
TRANSIT

IN COMING

ECOSPORT
MONDEO/FUSION
EVEREST
TRANSIT
FALCON

HOLDEN

BARINA CDX
CRUZE SRI
MALIBU CDX
COMMODORE SS
CAPRICE
CAPTIVA 5 LTZ
COLORADO 7
CAPTIVA 7 LX
COMMODORE SS
COLORADO LTZ
NO VAN AVAILABLE*

IN COMING

TRAX
because in some peoples eyes Ford Australia can never do anything right. we are very spoilt for choice when it comes too Ford if you really think about it
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hear ya brother. Commodore is the only car in the Holden line up worth buying. Every ford equivalent is comprehensively better than its Holden counterpart. Cruze is the only one that can challenge focus, (and even that's debatable. But moronic people continue to buy inferior holdens because they must be good.... Right???
chookaradley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookaradley View Post
I hear ya brother. Commodore is the only car in the Holden line up worth buying. Every ford equivalent is comprehensively better than its Holden counterpart. Cruze is the only one that can challenge focus, (and even that's debatable. But moronic people continue to buy inferior holdens because they must be good.... Right???
I am a blue oval man but I do dis-agree with that statement (in bold). The VF Commodore is a vastly, superior car to the ageing FG Falcon. It is in all areas except chassis. It offers loads more features, it's quieter with better interior trim materials and fitout, steers better, and of course, looks fresher. And rightfully so. A recent review also showed the V6 to be quicker than the I6 but only by 0.1 sec.
And to top it off, it's RRP is cheaper for substantially more kit
(eg. Manual SV6 vs Manual XR6)

Same with the Cruze. The top of the line Turbo SRi-V is under $27k and is stacked with kit. The closest Focus (with leather and similar kit) is the Titanium which is nearly $37k. The Cruze is also quicker to 100km/h over both the Diesel & Petrol Focus.
The Focus (IMO) does have better quality materials but as we know it is not assembled here unlike the Cruze.

Just saying it as it is, for cars in the most popular segments Holden have the right product mix IMO.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
I am a blue oval man but I do dis-agree with that statement (in bold). The VF Commodore is a vastly, superior car to the ageing FG Falcon. It is in all areas except chassis. It offers loads more features, it's quieter with better interior trim materials and fitout, steers better, and of course, looks fresher. And rightfully so. A recent review also showed the V6 to be quicker than the I6 but only by 0.1 sec.

Same with the Cruze. The top of the line Turbo SRi-V is under $27k and is stacked with kit. The closest Focus (with leather and similar kit) is the Titanium which is nearly $37k. The Cruze is also quicker to 100km/h over both the Diesel & Petrol Focus.
The Focus (IMO) does have better quality materials but as we know it is not assembled here unlike the Cruze.

Just saying it as it is, for cars in the most popular segments Holden have the right product mix IMO.
Drive a cruze and you will know why it's cheaper. Hunk of soulless junk. Also the worst drivers door opening I've ever seen. Can just get my body between the wheel and b pillar
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

You are right, the VF is a better car then the current FG, it would want to be, its a brand new model!!

I own a 2013 Focus no way it in world is the Cruze a better car, as someone else said go take them both for a drive. I'm pretty sure we will end up seeing the 1.6L ecoboost in Focus sometime soon, its all over for Cruze once that is available.

Commodore is all Holden have in my opinion.
4 users like this post:
Old 29-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
The VF Commodore is a vastly, superior car to the ageing FG Falcon.
Do you work for wheels?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 29-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #8
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

was in the dealership in Townsville today how can you go past an XR6 ute for $27,000 on the road, there is there anything on the market better for the price?
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Agree that the VF is prob better than the FG. I did say the VF is prob the only Holden worth buying. The only time that contest will truly be a fair fight is when we can compare it to the FH. IMO the FG was superior to its counterpart the VE. Cruze is much improved and offers great value for money. It's quality and long term reliability have to be questioned tho, as most 2 year old plus Cruzes are falling to pieces.
Old 29-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Do you work for wheels?

Did anyone read the xr6 vs sv6 article in wheels, total disgrace!. Expect VF to be the better car, but the FG was basically described as a pile of junk apart from a half decent chassis
Old 29-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #11
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I missed MUSTANG as well!
2 users like this post:
Old 29-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #12
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn i didnt buy popcorn

Question to the OP.
Why didnt you compare to say Toyota?
They manufacture in Australia, have large sized cars, mid range etc.
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #13
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniacidz View Post
Damn i didnt buy popcorn

Question to the OP.
Why didnt you compare to say Toyota?
They manufacture in Australia, have large sized cars, mid range etc.
Classic Ford Vs Holden, no real need to bring Toyota into it.

I think its a good time to start talking about Ford as a brand and how much it is moving ahead. Ford One is starting here and I'm liking it.
Old 30-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #14
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford need to get aggressive with their advertising, run ads comparing Fiesta-Barina. Focus-Cruze. Ford loose out with their Titanium models v comparable Holdens, in price. All Titaniums should be $5k cheaper. New Territory is great!! music suxs...Being built in Thailand shouldn't they be cheaper??????
Old 30-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #15
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When are people going to learn Ford vs. Holden is dead!!!

What is Toyota doing, what is Mazda doing (& based on current sales level), what is Hyundai doing & what is Nissan doing!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #16
prydey
Rob

sales aren't relevant. all this thread is pointing out is the fantastic range of cars on offer at Ford.

but of course, anytime someone tries to talk up the ford brand, the knockers come out the woodwork within a very short space of time.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Do you work for wheels?
No I don't, but thanks for asking anyway! As I am on the receiving end of some flaming, I just want to point out again that I am a Ford fan and at this stage, have no intention of having a Holden in my driveway (GTS excepted).
I was just stating the facts.
Ford do have a VERY GOOD line up, agreed, but they are not price competitive with a few of their vehicles in the most popular categories. Mondeo, Focus & Falcon = case in point.
And from all reports, Falcon's 2014 model will only be a minor upgrade with the N/A 6 getting a chinese made 6 speed auto instead of a german made unit.
Ford Australia cost cutting again.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #18
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
sales aren't relevant. all this thread is pointing out is the fantastic range of cars on offer at Ford.

but of course, anytime someone tries to talk up the ford brand, the knockers come out the woodwork within a very short space of time.
Yeah but hey, you will always get the haters.

I will keep on backing Ford on their efforts until in blue in the face (see what I did there, blue, face?)
Old 30-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #19
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post

It's insane isn't it - obviously got too much time on their hands

You give FORD praise and bingo they appear.

My Mate let me use his FG FPV F6 for a few weeks - what a beast - Loved it

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #20
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hang on, now I am hearing Ford aren't price on competitive??

Fiesta CL- $15,990 DA
Fiesta LX- $17,490 DA
Fiesta ST- $25,990+
Focus Ambiente- $18,990 DA
Focus Trend- $21,490 DA
Focus Sport- $26,490 DA
Kuga Ambiente- $28,990 DA
Kuga Trend- $32,490 DA
Mondeo Zetec Ecoboost- $33,990 DA
Falcon XR6 Sedan PLUS 3yrs SCH servicing- $33,990 DA
Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan PLUS 3yrs SCH servicing- $39,490 DA
Territory TX- $37,990 DA
Falcon XR6 ute PLUS 3 yrs SCH servicing- $30,490 DA
Falcon XR6 Turbo ute PLUS 3 yrs SCH servicing- $35,490 DA
Transit SWB van- $34,490 DA
Ranger XLS 4x4 Double Cab pickup- $44,990 DA

And I know all you good folks pay full RRP
Old 30-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Did anyone read the xr6 vs sv6 article in wheels, total disgrace!. Expect VF to be the better car, but the FG was basically described as a pile of junk apart from a half decent chassis
Yes I brought this up in another thread, one of the worst reviews ever, a new low for Wheels magazine.
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #22
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Current model Transit is pretty average compared to the Mercedes Sprinter in all ways except the two below, but the new Transit looks fantastic from the pictures, can't wait to work on one if they ever get released. Its a pain in the *** to run wires around in this model Transit as there is sharp edges absolutely everywhere and everything has this dodgy cheap feeling to the inside.

Current model Transit has a much better stereo and a dual battery setup under the seats over the Sprinter which is pretty sweet.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #23
Cuyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezxr8man View Post
was in the dealership in Townsville today how can you go past an XR6 ute for $27,000 on the road, there is there anything on the market better for the price?
You'd want to be on some good drugs or own a big dog to walk past a Fiesta ST into that ute.
Cuyper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #24
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

One day some engineers were walking down a road in Korea and thought stuff it, we'll throw together a bunch of panels on a half thought out chassis and slap it full of kit with decent power and it'll sell. Across the other side of the world other engineers engaged in years of planning and design and come up with a jewel of a chassis, with well matched drivetrains and drivers car for, considering how good it actually is, cheap.

Focus/Fiesta cost more but the load in the kit approach really went wild when the Koreans popped up. Ask my mum loved the Kia Cerato at first fiddle, back then loaded and under 20 and drives like a wet sock. Walked away from the similarly priced Focus, her perception of value based on one thing (oops warranty helped too).

Ford have actually turned themselves around quite smartly in the last 10 years in the small car department especially. Bright times ahead. Shame Falcon couldn't quite make it for the party :(
Old 31-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #25
Agile

Quote:
Agree that the VF is prob better than the FG. I did say the VF is prob the only Holden worth buying. The only time that contest will truly be a fair fight is when we can compare it to the FH. IMO the FG was superior to its counterpart the VE. Cruze is much improved and offers great value for money. It's quality and long term reliability have to be questioned tho, as most 2 year old plus Cruzes are falling to pieces.
Faliing to bits? You got that right. Mates Cruze srti or whatever its called has had a motor replaced after 27,000 km.
Agile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #26
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Commy seems to be a decent car with more kit and eye candy, but better in all areas is a bit of a stretch, as for the commy being faster by 0.1 second, that is almost nothing.
Back on topic, indeed we are spoilt for choice, actually I was thinking today I think the best bang for buk car on the market is the xr6 turbo, no it doesn't have the eye candy of the commy or gadgets of the commy , it's still a ripping car, for a practical choice for me it would be the turbo or the eco lpi which is still way out in front of anything lpg holden has.

Last edited by mik; 31-08-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: add
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #27
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just dug this up since the latest Holden news, showing we really are lucky now and in the future.