Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #1
ozzie

Default NF v8 airconditioning probs/elec fan

By now you all know that i am fine tuning this beast, so here is another prob that no highly paid mechanic can tell me the answer to: THe air con on afull day seems to be working, but its not as cold ( when you put it at 16 degree) as my other eb v8. is it b.acuse of the small air inlet on these cars compared to the eb. Is there any way of making it colder ( ie making the electoric fans come in full ball all the time or making them come in earlier . The sstem has been re gassed and a new condesor put in.

Old 19-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

if it was regassed, they would not have been able to use r12a (or what ever) as it is now illegal, and probably used like 134a which needs more compression to be colder, so my guess is that the gas cant get as cold unless you change the a/c pump.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #3
ozzie

so is it the gas... the older one gets colder..... so its a common thing then, as the compressor is pretty new... what about making those thermo fans work overtime?
Old 19-01-2006, 03:16 PM   #4
NCGhia

I've got a NC & EL Fairemont Ghia (Both 5L) with the same issue. When in the NC you can have to problem of being too cold in the middle of summer if you wanted. The EL takes for ever to cool down. Ford have said the EL aircon is well within spec.

I put it down to the different gas/compressor...but thats not a professional opinion by any means.
Old 19-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #5
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ozzie, your NF would have had R134a in it from factory. It may have anything in it now though. A lot of car air cond places put in what ever replacement refrigerant they have in the workshop. Look for a sticker under the bonnet identifying the refrigerant.
As for it not being really cold, have you done a diagnostic check on the climate control to see if there are any fault codes? The blend door may be out of range, allowing mixed air.
If nothing else is wrong, when you want maximum cooling use the recirc setting, it will be cooler than the fresh/outside air setting.

Darin.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 05:50 AM   #6
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

There is also a hot water tap/valve that may need to be checked. It's in a mass of heater hoses just to the rear of your throttle body on the firewall.
Old 20-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #7
ozzie

THanks all... I'ii have alook on the weekend