Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-01-2006, 05:13 AM   #31
BA_BOSS

They should make em to go around corners, high priced "good" cornering car an all that???
BA_BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 11:56 AM   #32
MKIITurbo

I feel sorry for the Bride & Groom. Aparently they had to be kept in hospital for overnight observation. That means the reception would have had to be cancelled. Imagine the guests finding that out on arrival!! Theres another photo floating around with the groom on the drip sitting in the back of the Ferrari being attended to by ambulance crew.
MKIITurbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #33
antoni
FG XR6 Turbo

Hey THAT WAS MY WEDDING CAR!! Damn! :

No I wasn't the one getting married on the weekend. We had it for our wedding about 3 years ago.

I know that guy and the car. It's hard to distinguish what model Ferrari it was because that was acutally a hard top and he had the roof chopped off and a custom roof created. He did this because he was able to fit a bride and groom in the back fairly comfortably with his custom car wheareas the factory convertable had a smaller back seat.

That was always a very nicely detailed car. I wouldn't worry about him though. He's got a ton of Ferrari's at his disposal. This includes a Ferrari Limosine!

Maybe I shouldn't mention that he's also an ex undercover police officer. Do you think that's why he got off lightly... :evil3:
antoni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #34
paulvdb

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoni
Hey THAT WAS MY WEDDING CAR!! Damn! :

No I wasn't the one getting married on the weekend. We had it for our wedding about 3 years ago.

I know that guy and the car. It's hard to distinguish what model Ferrari it was because that was acutally a hard top and he had the roof chopped off and a custom roof created. He did this because he was able to fit a bride and groom in the back fairly comfortably with his custom car wheareas the factory convertable had a smaller back seat.

That was always a very nicely detailed car. I wouldn't worry about him though. He's got a ton of Ferrari's at his disposal. This includes a Ferrari Limosine!

Maybe I shouldn't mention that he's also an ex undercover police officer. Do you think that's why he got off lightly... :evil3:
Ahhh... the story gets clearer!! So the Bride and Groom were sitting in the back of a rent-a-bridal-car that happens to be a modded Ferrari. Now the only reasons you want to be in a rented Ferrari in this manner is either to show off by looking cool or so you can have someone give the car a bit of stick. So obviously one of the passengers has said "is this a Ferrari or a shopping trolley" so the driver says "just watch what this baby can do", jumps on the loud pedal and overestimates the speed (and underestimates the slipperiness of polished concrete) and whacko - one bent Ferrari.

I'm assuming here that the story I've made up is a more accurate one than the driver saying "these damned old cars have dodgy throttle cables and butterflies. You never know when you could suddenly be doing 7000rpm"
paulvdb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #35
antoni
FG XR6 Turbo

Oh also I forgot to mention he looked after the mechanicals on that car better than anyone I know. It was regularly serviced (even when not required) and checked by a fully qualified Ferrari mechanic, another reason I don't believe the throttle "got stuck".
antoni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 05:15 PM   #36
ltd
Force Fed Fords

More like his foot got stuck. What a tool.

Quote: