Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #1
MR4V

Default AU 2 XR8 Info

Hi All
I thought I'd share this with you all. About 12 mths ago we purchased a AU2 XR8 for a deceased estate in Canberra. I notice that it was optioned up with Tickford brakes, leather and premium sound, has nice low kms and is a manual.
Also noticed that it was fitted with a short shifter, very heavy clutch, full bilstien suspension, headers and go's harder than the usual XR8.

Now being a deceased estate I can't really know what's done until we found the log books.
The original owner was Mark Dalli'Acqua for MD Conversions, got in contact with him and he was pretty helpful on the car.
He tells me it started life as an auto, Ford has confirmed this, he swap the auto with a Tremec 5 speed when new, 1 piece tall shaft, 3.7 rear end, customer headers by him and a full suspension change. He was cagey on the rest of the modifications.

I've check over the rest of the car and I would say it has an ECU change or piggy back done.

Can you help with what else I should look for in mods? As I normally am a na old guy.
Here are a few shots of the AU.

MR4V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2015, 03:24 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: AU 2 XR8 Info

Wow .... low kays on it as well.
Still a really clean vehicle for it's age.

Some of the ACT folk will be able to point you in the direction of a decent tuner to see if the tune is safe at least on it ... if there is an aftermarket ECU involved.

Other than that ... seems like a decent package on .... how much was it if you don't mind me asking?
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2015, 04:20 PM   #3
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like a plum, great find. My guess would be the only other mod is a tune. I wonder if the cam was

changed for manual upgrade??
Old 30-08-2015, 04:21 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
Wow .... low kays on it as well.
Still a really clean vehicle for it's age.

Some of the ACT folk will be able to point you in the direction of a decent tuner to see if the tune is safe at least on it ... if there is an aftermarket ECU involved.

Other than that ... seems like a decent package on .... how much was it if you don't mind me asking?
Just realised OP was in QLD .... looks like it was purchased in Sydney/Sinclair Ford going on the books. in the pics.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
MR4V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
Just realised OP was in QLD .... looks like it was purchased in Sydney/Sinclair Ford going on the books. in the pics.
Yes Mark purchased the car for Sinclair Ford.
I have moved back to Brissy this year, the cars still in the ACT and my old man is cruising around in it.

The second owner was a drag racer named Michael Jackson ( yeah I know, not the singer) I haven't been able to speak to him as yet so if you know of him that would be great.
The deceased estate was for a trainer at the AIS in Canberra and we are the fourth owners.
MR4V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-08-2015, 06:09 PM   #6
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Nice find! I'm looking at bringing my AUIII out of storage soon. They're a great car.
pwr4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Aftermarket ECU or chip type setup will likely be behind the passenger side kick panel if you have not already looked. Other than that things like a cam change etc are going to be hard to confirm by just looking at it.