Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Angry Gggrrrrrrrrrrrr !

Well , nearlly had a head on collision this morning with a bunch of cars ! - A stupid truck in the left lane cut me totally out of the right lane ( if i didnt move the whole left side of the car would of been side swipped ! ), I had to swerve from the right lane across a double lane of oncoming traffic and ended up going up a curb at about 60kph on someones front lawn on the opposite side of the road ! - Im suprised the airbag didnt go off as i hit that curb with an allmighty thud. And to top it off the truck driver just kept going ! .....gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......... I was so lucky there was no damage to my car , i was expecting to get out and find half the front spoiler hanging off and a huge dint in my rim , non eof the above thank god : . Some people ! - I swear ! - no wonder im at the edge of insanity ! ..lol

XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Good to hear the car... and more importantly YOU... are ok.

Just another reason I catch public transport to work now. When I do drive in I'm a bloody nervous wreck by the time I get to work.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Thanks Casper - I tell you what, I might have to join the public transport brigade too !. Im exactelly the same these days - a nervous wreck by the time i get to work or wherever im going. Is everyone blind these days or just ignorant and jelous ? . I've only had this car about 3 weeks now and im allready thinking of selling it because of all the marks its allready starting to get - Seems no-one has any respect for others goods these days. When i bought the car it didnt have a mark on it - now i have small stone chips everywhere , a light mark in door where someone has opened their door on mine, and now a slight mark on the front right rim from todays delema ! - gee - what next ! :(
Old 06-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Thank your lucky stars that you werent injured and everything is alright.There is an abundance of tired and careless drivers everywhere nowadays.The more carefull we all can be the better for all.
Good to hear your ok.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Wait till some asswipe deceides to key it.. I almost cried the first time it happened (yup, had it 3 times)

Old 06-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

thanks useless

and Casper - On about keying - I have actually had that done to a fold telstar i used to own , 2 weeks from when it was new too !, the pricks keyed EVERY panel / door / roof / and wrote HI on the boot ! - now if i would of caught the person who did that i would of literally KILLED them ! - im so sick of people who think wrecking someone elses property is ok - mate im no rich man and its taken me all this time till now since the AU was new to be able to afford one... Like the old XE i had, be4 i did it up had marks on it everywhere , i knew every mark on it and it didnt get any other marks for years , and when i eventually did it up and repainted it etc etc a few days later a bloke at work lost balance of his gsxr1100 and dropped it on my rear quater panel :( - man i dont seem to have any luck with cars .
Old 06-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #7
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I almost got T-boned on the weekend by a white '60s Valiant on Saturday night, going through a roundabout. They were speeding excessively and I couldn't see past the fence on the corner to the right, to see them coming towards it so fast. They had to lockup their wheels a little to avoid me. As soon as they got through, off they went at full throttle.

XR6-VCT-2000, you may want to check your wheel for a buckle in the alloy rim as I had one and didn't even know.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:06 PM   #8
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Yeah i've been checking the rim all morning , just a real light scuff mark on the edge of the rim where i went up the curb , seems ok and is still handling straight , gee it ИИИИed me off though !. Knowing my luck though it prolly is slightlly buckled now - wouldnt supprise me - i hit the curb with a hell of a bang ! . I remeber i hit a curb coming out of around a roundabout years ago doing stupid speeds , i had original American Centreline billetin alloy rims on my XE (bullet proof alloy apparentlly) and ripped the whole steering arm out / what a mess it was / but there wasnt a mark on the rim - and i hit that flatout ..lol .

Just thanking my lucky stars the airbag didnt go off or i prolly would of ended up going through the loungeroom of the persons house !.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #9
BJMXR

I have a MASSIVE hate for inconsiderate bastards opening their doors into other cars in car parks. My ED XR6 fell victim a few times, once when i was standing there watching. That guy knew ALL about it. I find it amazing how so many people have SO little respect for others property. I always park next to a curb away from any potential door hitting scenarios and generally i think it makes a huge difference... choose your parks well my friends!
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #10
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I was sitting in my car at a bingo hall one night, playing cards with a friend in the car park while we waited for the games to start. This big 4WD full of elderly people pulled up next to us in the parking lot, being driven by a young woman. Crack! goes a door against my side mirror. I get out, looking displeased. The idiot who did it didn't even know they had done it. I was inspecting it and then they noticed. He said sorry, then closed the door, but it wasn't closed properly. The driver then got out and came around to open it, get a jacket, and close it. But she too hit my mirror. Christ!

The mirror already had scuff marks on it so I wasn't too fussed.

I generally park away from other cars when I am by myself at a car park, otherwise if I have one or more passengers, they usually whinge and groan about having to walk the extra fifty feet.

My car also got keyed just an hour after I picked it up from a panel place after they phoned me to tell me they can't fix something else for a week because of public holidays. So I went looking for further quotes and now it included double the price. Was depressing.

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).

Last edited by Dauphin; 06-02-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:02 PM   #11
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

an L plater cut in front of me and stopped and i had to lock the wheels up to acoid him and i skidded into the other lane.. i didn't get a sorry or anything and the mum told the kid to keep on driving (i could tell this from her hand movements grrrrr!!!).

but now my front right caliper makes a weird creaking noise as i apply the brakes... it is very noticeable when i have it in P in my driveway and i just apply the brakes on and off.

can anybody please help me with this problem??

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #12
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMXR
I have a MASSIVE hate for inconsiderate bastards opening their doors into other cars in car parks. My ED XR6 fell victim a few times, once when i was standing there watching. That guy knew ALL about it. I find it amazing how so many people have SO little respect for others property. I always park next to a curb away from any potential door hitting scenarios and generally i think it makes a huge difference... choose your parks well my friends!
ditto. i had some asian in a van open his door on my ED while i was in it. i wen APE5HIT!!!! awww so sowwy. no your effin not. you doing give a 5hit.... grrrr

and you are very lucky XR6 2000 SE - VCT whatever your user name is : ;)

but i must be the only person who loves driving in peak hour... its a gamble and i love it!!

i also double park where possible. im gonna keep dfoing it til i get a fine.

Last edited by HLC; 06-02-2006 at 09:19 PM.
HLC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #13
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Ah yes, the "door ding".
I had all those small dings taken out of my EB many years ago. About a month later a woman (yes, it was a commy too) opened her door onto mine as I was walking back. I know she knew she did it cause she looked at it after she did it... then quickly walked away.. straight towards me returning to my car.
Following a brief discussion where she flattly refused to admit she did it and stormed off claiming I was harrassing her I went to see a nice big dent in my passenger side door.

A series of unfortunate and repetative accidents later saw her now headlightless and tail lightless commocrap inflict teavy damage onto the handgrip of my clublock.. it was horrible I tell you, the car just attacked and my clublock felt compelled to defend itself.

I never saw a thing (I think she infected me with some sort of ignorant blindness)

Old 06-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #14
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Ah yes, the "door ding".
I had all those small dings taken out of my EB many years ago. About a month later a woman (yes, it was a commy too) opened her door onto mine as I was walking back. I know she knew she did it cause she looked at it after she did it... then quickly walked away.. straight towards me returning to my car.
Following a brief discussion where she flattly refused to admit she did it and stormed off claiming I was harrassing her I went to see a nice big dent in my passenger side door.

A series of unfortunate and repetative accidents later saw her now headlightless and tail lightless commocrap inflict teavy damage onto the handgrip of my clublock.. it was horrible I tell you, the car just attacked and my clublock felt compelled to defend itself.

I never saw a thing (I think she infected me with some sort of ignorant blindness)
Bwhahahahah priceless!
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #15
BJMXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Ah yes, the "door ding".

Yep... priceless indeed!

More importantly is the club lock OK? Both emotionally and physically?... poor thing...
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #16
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

The clublock never saw service again. It was actually quite badly damaged in the attack.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #17
max^power
Formerly au^ute

i've got a special tool in my car for those i catch dinging my car with their doors. i've had so many latley its time for some SEVERE payback. my tool of choice is a hand held tile cutter, digs nicely into the metal very easily.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 12:07 AM   #18
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Lol , thats a ИИИИer Casper , sounds like she needed a crack over the head with it too though ! . Nextime i think i'll take your 'light handed' approach to these matters too ! . lol
Old 07-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #19
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

I usually store one of the security guard issue 4xD-cell maglights in my car for this reason. You know the ones thee cops used to crack kneecaps with :P

So sick of having my baby hit by inconsiderate pricks driving their bloody landcruisers around town.

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #20
xd5.8l
Banned

Someone decided to dent my door after my car came back from the panel beaters. Eye for an eye. Now his rear door is looking a little worse for wear.

Don't care how much animosity you may have for someone, damaging their pride and joy is as low as you can get. I don't want to say how I feel about this matter becauase I would contraveen forum rules.
xd5.8l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #21
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd5.8l
Someone decided to dent my door after my car came back from the panel beaters. Eye for an eye. Now his rear door is looking a little worse for wear.

Don't care how much animosity you may have for someone, damaging their pride and joy is as low as you can get. I don't want to say how I feel about this matter becauase I would contraveen forum rules.
sounds to me like your car was attacked and your shoe (while attached to your foot) felt compelled to defend it.

Old 17-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #22
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

After being hit by a taxi last week I've decided to stay well away from them. Is it just me or do all taxi drivers not look where they're going?!!

(XR6-VCT-2000, I'm glad to hear that you and the car are OK.)
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 01:07 PM   #23
Dauphin
Irregular member

I drove through Melbourne CBD from east to west suburbs at 5 AM recently and saw a lot of "all over the lanes" driving by a few. In fact, on Ballarat Rd (three lane 70kph section) one of them was doing 20kph in the middle lane with no passengers. Weirdo.

Old 17-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #24
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
After being hit by a taxi last week I've decided to stay well away from them. Is it just me or do all taxi drivers not look where they're going?!!

(XR6-VCT-2000, I'm glad to hear that you and the car are OK.)
As a courier driver in Sydney ... I can confirm that 99.9% of taxi drivers cannot drive to save their life. I try to bring them into line though .... hee hee
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post