Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #1
XF_Pilot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default EL boss kit onto AU?

Hi everyone.

I am currently putting together an AU track car for club sprints. I want to put an aftermarket steering wheel on it.

Because of the air bag there is no AU boss kit. I have been told an EL one will fit, is this true?

I have removed my steering wheel and the steering shaft has solid square sides, not the old external splines like my XF. Do boss kits still work on these and are the el the same.

Many thanks.
XF_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2016, 08:09 PM   #2
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: EL boss kit onto AU?

El kit works fine
Ford Falcon XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2016, 10:24 PM   #3
XF_Pilot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome thanks mate. I was hoping you might reply. How did you go with the harness mounting points, I have been watching that with interest.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:45 PM   #4
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haven't had any real luck finding out any information should be ordering my cage in the next few months anyway I figured it will be easier and safer that way. Unfortunately the silly season hasn't left me much time to spend on the car hoping to get back to work on it mid February when I come back from a trip away. Basically just need to sort out a tune, tyres, cage and finish off the brakes then it's good to go

Back on topic of your thread but be careful getting the boss kits advertised on ebay the first one I got off there was wrong it had a splined fitting not the square fitting which you need. Ended up getting the correct kit off VPW was a saas from memory.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:08 PM   #5
XF_Pilot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok that's good to know. I was looking at a short one off eBay which says fits ef el and they want $45. Was that the one?

I know what you mean about spare time over Xmas but it does sound like your getting close.

How are you going to manage the waist mount on the transmission tunnel side? That seems to be the tough one even with a cage
Old 13-01-2016, 09:48 AM   #6
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah thats the one that was wrong you can see on the photo it has splined fitting maybe message then and get a photo of the fitting before you buy it.

Not to sure on the waist mount at this point a will talk to AGI when i order my cage might get them to make a mount up. Could DIY it but when i comes to safety i'd rather leave it to the pros. If i put the harness mount in the seat bolt hole it does have enough length to reach only just but.
Old 14-01-2016, 11:03 AM   #7
XF_Pilot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok thanks for the tip, I was going to buy one of those. I might just get a SaaS one and save the grief.

I will be curious to hear what they say about the harness point. I was hoping to see an AU at the next tampered motorsport day here in Vic so I could see what they have done.

AGI option a harness mount on the cage so that is covered for the rear. I hope they have a solution for the center bolt as I would like to have the option of a passenger seat if I can