Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #1
sd1800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default VERY Quick Question

Sorry about the really breif post but I need to find out something ASAP. I have been offered a pair of 6.5" splits at a excellent price but i just wanted to double check they will slip right into a EB fairmont. I dont actually own the car yet which is why i cant double check, but i dont want to let this opportunity pass by. If they cant slip right in how does everyone else fit thier splits in?

sd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
niko
likes falcon's

yes they will fit in your doors.
Old 22-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #3
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

depends on the depth of the speaker as well. When I was shopping for new fronts only half of them would fit :(
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah it depends on the depth, I was looking at infinity kappa splits and the 6.5 wouldnt fit cos the window was in the way, I had to go with 5.25 inch ones.

What model are they? Someone on here likely has them or knows if they will fit.
Old 22-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #5
evlelf
Banned

Get custom built pods and mount them on that , you can fit a 15 inch sub on a custom pod if you care enough. They look better too
evlelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 10:46 PM   #6
dansince86

hey, you didnt state weather the splits were for the front or back, i know of some ppl with splits in the rear (commo with rear door splits) but if there for the parcel shelf you should really get 2-ways, all the good speakers are 2 ways ( as far as i know) i have 6.4" 2 ways in my parcel shelf, they didnt fit properly with out a spacer, but i dont like spacers so i just used a shift to bend the 6" hole down so it had kind of a splare in it and fitter no worries, the only thing is drilling new mounting holes, need to be done from the boot with a template, hope i answered your question!

cheers Dan

[CENTER]88 EA Fairmont Ghia
- Super lows (all corners) - Shortened Shocks - Custom CAI - Clear Indicators - EF XR8 LSD - EL XR 6 Head - Jim Mock XR6 cam re-ground - BF XR6 17's - Advance Extractor's - Redback 2.5" sports exhaust -
dansince86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #7
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

6.5s should fit perfectly on the parcel shelf as mine did. the front shouldnt be too much of a problem your only restricted by the shape which needs to be a perfect circle to fit in properly. depth shouldnt be too much of an issue on the front doors just take off the factory grill its only glued there.

if in doubt measure up.

bit of a cut and shut should take care of it ;)