Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-03-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 
Default V8 ECU wiring loop removal help

After spending two hours removing the ECU's security bolt, I am now confused as to how to remove the wiring loom through the firewall hole. Do I pull it into the cabin or into the engine bay?

Either way, the round firewall hole looks too small for the ECU and dash plug (which end up at the hole at the same time!) or the engine connector (a big square block).

Any help is much appreciated...

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #2
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: V8 ECU wiring loop removal help

I think I did mine all from the engine bay.
2 people make it much easier, 1 pulling and the other pushing.
Old 20-03-2016, 06:10 PM   #3
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

That didn't help you much did it...

The ECU plug is what goes through the hole.
Old 20-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #4
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Thanks mate, I will give it a try and will let you know, haven't been able to have a look at it today. The white dash plug (if that's what it is) tends to bunch up with the ECU plug at the same time so it makes it double tricky.

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 21-03-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

It is tricky, but yes definitely pulled through from engine bay.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2016, 11:10 PM   #6
Dauphin
Irregular member

With sliced up fingers, I have finally done it! It turned out that there was a cable running through the hole with a brown plug in behind the dash which I undid so I could make more room to pass it through.

There was also a couple of green vacuum lines (I think) bundled together which ran right through where it all passes through to come out, so the loom gets hung on it several times due to clips and things which protrude from it.

This user likes this post: