Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #1
Growler

Default Body kit, one at a time or the whole lot?

Hello with the body kits can you get away with just fitting the front bar and getting it all sprayed up and fit that then drive it around till you can affort the side skirts then drive that around fitted untill you can afford the rear bumper, or will that just look ghey crusin around with a kit front bar and stock everything else?

Thanks.

Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:45 PM   #2
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

My personal pet-hate is seeing cars driving around with unpainted body kits, partially complete ones aren't that bad I suppose. I had my GT kit in the garage for a few months while I organised funds to get it repaired and painted, and although it can be annoying waiting while you have something sitting there, it probably turns out better than doing a staggered job. It would also depend on the kit though, i.e. a reasonably subtle xr kit on an ea-eb compared to a GT kit or ssv job wouldn't be that bad at all to do in stages, but with a GT kit, you'd want to do the flares and skirts all at the same time, and it might not look good with just a huge front or rear bar, and stock skirts and door moulds. It just comes down to whether you are prepared to be patient and save up enough to do it all in one hit, lol

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #3
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I reckon do it all in one hit mate! Cars look weird as when they have huge front bars and stock/no side skirts and stock rear bar.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:03 AM   #4
BABOSS

I guess if you can't wait to get it all in one hit you could buy them seperately and fit them instead of leaving them sitting in the garage for months but it would depend on the style of kit as to how 'ghey' it would look fitted with everything else stock. You could always just wack it on and take a photo, post it on here and then we can tell you, yes that looks ghey or ИИИИ man that looks insaine!!
BABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:20 AM   #5
SeZZa
Sucker For Punishment

I strongly suggest getting it all at once.

Suprize everyone by doing it all at once instead of in parts where they can predict that you are putting a kit on.
SeZZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:27 AM   #6
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

from a point of view that is mainly concerned with the looks of a car....... do it all at once......will make it such a nicer completion if done that way as opposed to doing bits at a time...

but then hey, your car.. do whatever you feel is right for you and your car..

Cheers
Kerri
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:30 AM   #7
Inferno
Mr Forty Seven

I agree with EB-maen, I hate seeing just one part of a body kit on a car, it looks like povo in my opinion, like that's all they could afford.

Besides, while your driving your half body kit around, you might get it damaged from stone chips or you might miss judge a gutter and scrape it, which will require more money to fix.

Also Featuring

NFERNO Registration Plates
ELXR Front Bar & Bonnet with Sequential Scoop
18x8 Graphite Rims, Genie Extractors and Exhaust, Chrome Moulds
ELGT Steering Wheel, Clear Repeators, Cornering Lamps, Tinted Windows
Walnut Highlights, Pionner DEH-P9650MP Headunit & Pro-Series Speakers

Local Playground: Brisbane CBD and surrounding suburbs
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:29 AM   #8
tommo74
zx TT

mate bdykits just suck..look at mine...totally idiotic...oh and if you get a gt kit on a white car...get gunmetal inserts not sliver...save the silver for darker cars.
tommo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:41 AM   #9
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

IMO you should do it all at once.

Even if you buy all the parts of the kit seperately and store them somewhere.. not just because it will look silly having half a kit on, but it'll look silly if you put a front bar on, it gets a few stone chips and then later on you put new shiny skirts etc on.

Do it all together mate!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:42 AM   #10
havoc19
Banned

here here i agree all at once thats what ill do once i get the thousands necessary LOL out:
havoc19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #11
NZ
~~~

If you do it in bits your paint job is gunna look a bit like initiald's car. Several different shades of the same colour.

Sorry mick. I know you know its true
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:08 PM   #12
EFFalcon
Last warning

yeah do it all at once, makes it cheaper in the end
how ever i had mine on in bits and peices :P
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote