Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU plastic spear attached to dash

Guys,

The Silver plastic spear on the AU XR's above the passenger air bag attached to the dash, can that be removed and replaced or is it fixed?

Cheers
Edxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2016, 11:16 PM   #2
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 
Default Re: AU plastic spear attached to dash

Can be replaced, but you need to take out the airbag & cover.
The cover is held in with 4 breakable clips that cannot be reused.
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #3
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo View Post
Can be replaced, but you need to take out the airbag & cover.
The cover is held in with 4 breakable clips that cannot be reused.
4 blobs of silicon can take the place of the clips.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:34 PM   #4
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's what I was thinking Sox's, however I was hoping it can be replaced without major problems. I noticed the spear is attached to clips that are fixed by a square head fixture to the dash. It appears to be a major job. I had noticed mine had snapped off the clips. Most unusual.

Cheers
Edxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 05:02 PM   #5
KRL-94

Get 4 new airbag cover clips and just pop the cover out. Remove the air bag and passengers side vent, and theres 4 10mm nuts that hold it in place.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447916
KRL-94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2016, 11:08 AM   #6
Brendo71
Starter Motor

I replaced my dash spear with a woodgrain one that I custom made from an Au fairmont dash piece. I didn't want to go through all the dramas of removing the airbag etc so I just busted the old one out, removed the plastic debris and silastiked in the new one! No rattles either!!!
Brendo71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post