Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

Default T-Bar

Guy on ebay selling "Genuine TBAR as seen in XRs"
Is this an automatic shifter handle thingy? How would you replace the old one with this one? Hard work? is it good price $52 at curtrent bid?

Old 10-03-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

yes the t-bar is the T-shape handle of the auto , like from the old saying , either a t-bar auto (t-shape shifter on the box ) or an old 3 on the tree (3 speed shifter on the neck of the steering colum , like a branch hanging off a tree ) ..lol ..
I couldnt tell you if $52 is a good price or not, check ford spares and see what they are worth new .
And changing it over - well its pretty easy if you know what your doing , if you have no idea then get a workshop manual and start reading , or get it changed over at a garage , wouldnt cost you too much.
Personally though i think there is alot of better other shifters around like B&M which crap all over the ford shifters, so if your gonna swap it over for whatever reason - then have a look around at other design t-bar shifters compatible for your car before you buy. ;) gl

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2006, 06:28 PM   #3
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

thanx dude, it says it's MOMO but i didn't think they made 'em. can't see em on their Site.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #4
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Momo shifters were an option on AU XRs.
$52 is a very good price if new. I got a blue/black momo auto shifter to match my steering wheel from FTG auto salvage for $100 registered post to Perth.
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ very simple to install, one phillips head screw.
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #6
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

serious, it says good condition so must be used but looks in good nic. i haven't seen a screw on my tbar. have i not looked hard enough? can some one point me in the direction of a tbar that would suit the grey interior of AU1
Old 10-03-2006, 09:28 PM   #7
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Put it into 1st gear and have a look at the front of the T-Bar shifter towards the bottom of the T part and you will find one phillips head screw. Unscrew that and lift T-Bar up. Take out you button on the side and place it into the new one if it doesn't come with a button. The reverse to put the new one on
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post