Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-03-2006, 09:52 AM   #1
Southy

Default would it help?

thinking of trying to take out the left headlight and air filter box and making up a mount so that the tubing goes straight from the throttlebody to the headlight and then running mesh inside of the headlight to stop bugs n ИИИИ gettin in. this would only be for when i take it to the drags.

think it would help? cheers

Southy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:55 AM   #2
5L
[ 5L ]

just have it so that your have a pod in the engine bay behind where the headlight goes and take the head light out, less stuffing around with all the mesh and stuff then
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #3
Southy

id be sucking more cold air without the pod tho
Southy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
MADED-6
MADED.6

it would wreck ur engine just run pod it would do a lil bit more without an enigne but ive seen a 2 stroke that had no air filter and dirt got in the chamber and the chamber and the piston were rooted so i wouldnt be doing it.
MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 01:57 PM   #5
frost
Banned

I did that at heathcote worked better, Had better throttle response and more power, I put the mesh there so I wouldnt suck in a Bird...
frost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 03:15 PM   #6
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

get your self an old head light and get a 3inch hole cut into the glass/plastic and then do the same for the back of the light and mount your pod right up against it, saw a ba xr do this once and it looked awsome if done right. thats the way i would be doing it. you would still want some sort of air filter just incase something slipped through, unless you were going to be using a very fine mesh? (like screen door mesh).

Ehab

need psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #7
Damo
Banned

you mean something like this. http://www.pearly351.com/eventpics/h...athcote70.html It seemed to work for me, even with my 3yo el cheapo filter. lol
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post