Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
EA 290
EA 290

Default EL Fairmont Seats into a EA?

Hi there has any done this or know if its possible to put the front and rear seats from an EL Fairmont Ghia into a EA?
Thanks for your feedback.

Car Club of NSW

www.ftf.org.au
EA 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
henz79

Ive just finished putting mine in from an EL. A few modification but i found it a piece of cake
henz79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #3
EA 290
EA 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by henz79
Ive just finished putting mine in from an EL. A few modification but i found it a piece of cake
Thanks for that I was looking at the option of putting Recaro's or just getting the EL Ghia seats as they are in leather.

Car Club of NSW

www.ftf.org.au
Old 03-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

How did you go about it henz? It's no task for the faint hearted.

Last edited by ilsautomotive; 03-03-2006 at 06:27 PM.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 02:19 AM   #5
SeZZa
Sucker For Punishment

Damn EA owners wanting EL stuff in their cars. *shakes fist*
SeZZa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 07:43 PM   #6
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Wait untill i put the BAXR seats in mine Sezza.

jack its not a huge job, you need to change the inside rear mount.

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED
2008 MA XR5 Mondeo

2015 VOLVO V60 T6 R-DESIGN-POLESTAR Enhanced

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 07:57 AM   #7
henz79

The only reason why i changed my seats is to get my pink slip cause my old ones were shaking too much. So heres how i did it. (1996 EL into 1988 EA)
TOOLS: Angle Grinder
Hammer
Front seats is the only challenging part cause the back ones will bolt straight in. SO for the front seats take your EA seats out (front), use youre angle grinder to get the inner brackets out cause you will need it to level the EL seats. Now get the EL seats you will need to use youre angle grinder to grind out the pease that stop the seat from sliding all the way back on the inner rear of both seats. Now its time to bolt youre new seats in. Tighten up the outside rear bolt first then the front inner bolt then you put the bracket in for the rear innerthen tighten it up. Now you need to drill two holes to hold the bracket to the seat once youve done that drill a hole for the front outer mount cause the holes wont line up and youve done, use a size 8 drill bit and use youre old bolts. If its not level on the rear outer side just use some washers cause its not that much gap its that easy my FRIEND.

Sorry about the way ive explain it but im not a story teller.........
henz79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 12:00 PM   #8
PetesEBII
Formerly PetesEB

Yeah same i have done it, few modifications are needed but all in alll its apiece of cake.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #9
EA 290
EA 290

Thanks Guys, My interior is still in good condition but I want to upgrade to leather.

Car Club of NSW

www.ftf.org.au
Old 10-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #10
EA 290
EA 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by henz79
The only reason why i changed my seats is to get my pink slip cause my old ones were shaking too much. So heres how i did it. (1996 EL into 1988 EA)
TOOLS: Angle Grinder
Hammer
Front seats is the only challenging part cause the back ones will bolt straight in. SO for the front seats take your EA seats out (front), use youre angle grinder to get the inner brackets out cause you will need it to level the EL seats. Now get the EL seats you will need to use youre angle grinder to grind out the pease that stop the seat from sliding all the way back on the inner rear of both seats. Now its time to bolt youre new seats in. Tighten up the outside rear bolt first then the front inner bolt then you put the bracket in for the rear innerthen tighten it up. Now you need to drill two holes to hold the bracket to the seat once youve done that drill a hole for the front outer mount cause the holes wont line up and youve done, use a size 8 drill bit and use youre old bolts. If its not level on the rear outer side just use some washers cause its not that much gap its that easy my FRIEND.

Sorry about the way ive explain it but im not a story teller.........
Your a champion and the way you explained is good for me.

Car Club of NSW

www.ftf.org.au
Old 10-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #11
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Its an EA just leave it alone, who does any work on an EA :nutsycuck

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #12
Jase
-Village Idiot-

In my one i used bolts to hold the lil brackets on, but mite be worth going for a weld.
Either way measure it up well 1st ;)
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:38 PM   #13
EA 290
EA 290

maybe I take the expensive option but the way a few good friends have advised me to use Recaro's.plus retrim the rest in leather.

Car Club of NSW

www.ftf.org.au
Old 12-03-2006, 03:58 AM   #14
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

I'll chuck in my 2 cents. My method isn't for the faint hearted tho.

The EA-ED's have two bracket that run over the transmission tunnel, while the EF-EL's have one huge brakcet that covers the whole lot. This bracket has the brackets for the inner rear seat mounts and also has the mount for the side handbrake.

What i did was cut all the origional brackets off the EA transmission tunnel, then i cut a section of EF floor out of a doner car, drilled out all the spot welds holding the big bracket on and welded that to my floor. You will need to scrap a fair bit of sound deadening off the EA floor to fit the EF bracket into place. Not the easiest way i know :P

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 04:02 AM   #15
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Sorry come to think of it this won't work for your car as I beleive the EF bracket will foul the EA centre console, i only did this method as i installed a whole EF dash, centre console, side handbrake etc. Just ignore my ramblings :P

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post