Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-03-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
Skooter

Default Front Bumper alignment woes

Hi guys i just pulled a bull bar off my 93 eb2 wagon and put a bumper on but and Im having difficulties in aligning it so its all symetrical, i bought new brackets from ford but cant get the left hand side to fit properly, the right hand side is a bit better but still not good.

Help!

(rhs)

(lhs underneath)
(lhs underneath)
(lhs)

Last edited by Laminge; 12-03-2006 at 04:14 PM.
Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
John_LS1

the chassis rails arent bent are they?
Old 12-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
Skooter

it dosent look like it but the thought has crossed my mind that it may have been in a prang and it has been fixed incorrectly.
Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:25 PM   #4
cogo81

It would be the end of the rails where the bumper bolts on they bend very easy there.
cogo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Also, just a thought but check that the inner bar(grey fibreglass) is properly aligned with the outer bar. If both of those fit flush and neat then my guess would be that the front of your car has been repaired wrong, especially the main mounting points on either side of your radiator support.

My mate had a 2 door MK2 esky which had an incorrectly fitted rear quarter and without knowing this, puchased some fats which only scrubbed out on the bodgy side. You couldn't pick with normal wheels/tyres and the naked eye.