Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 15-03-2006, 01:05 AM   #1
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here
Unhappy Please help me

i just bought my first car, a 94 EF Futura. But I have a few problems, not including the big *** dent in the side and the previous owner giving it a $2.50 paint job.

First of all the doors wont lock, something in the left hand passenger door is stopping the lock button from going all the way down and as a result the button pops back up. Does anyone know how this could be fixed??

secondly, I took the battery out to charge it and when i put it back in the stereo asked me for a code. Only problem is i don't have a code and can't ask the previous owner cause the car was reposed by an insurance agency. How do i fond out what the code is?? And the aerial is broken but I'll be buggered if i know how to get the old one out let alone put a new one in.

Thanks for any help

2kool4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 01:25 AM   #2
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

The passenger door skin will need to be removed and you will need to look around in the door cavity something is jaming the locking setup...The stereo can be fixed at any good car audio installer/repairer or if you have the mannual that came with the car it might be writen down inside some where.. To get to the aerial you have to remove the plastic inner guard on the passenger side from memory...hope this helps.
Old 15-03-2006, 01:28 AM   #3
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go to ford to get the radio code, the aerial ? not sure on the e series but some older one would do up from under neath the guard so have a look under there ( could be wrong on this ), with the lock remove the pannel and have a look the rod may be bent causing it not to work properly.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

cheers guys, I did have a look inside the door skin yesterday but didn't take it right off, but I did notice a white rod in there and it was bent.

I'll get onto ford this afternoon and see if they have the codes recorded somehwere.

heres a pic of my car before I bought it.

Old 15-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #5
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

radio - go to Ford with the vehicles VIN number (sometimes you need proof of ownership) and they will give you the code. Usually for free too.

Aerial, you need to get inside the front wheel arch, remove the big cover, and the aerial is accessed from in there, onyl on or two small bolts from memory. You can disconnect the aerial cable from inside the front passenger footwell, in behind the kickpanel that just pulls off.
Old 15-03-2006, 11:49 AM   #6
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

Since you just bought the car, a Gregorys manual would be a wise investment..only around $30 well worth it..it will, for one, explain how to get to the aerial properly! lol
I wouldnt go without one...
Old 15-03-2006, 05:35 PM   #7
2kool4u

How do I take the door skin off??
Old 15-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #8
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4u
How do I take the door skin off??
It may have some srews around the edge so look and undo these, also undo the door handle and remove that, then using something like a flat wooden scraper ( spoon ) genly lever it a bit at a time and the holding lugs should pop out.

never removed an e series door panel but it would be close

Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 05:50 PM   #9
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Take the screws around the outside out
Remove the lock knob. Easiest way; put the window down, get a pair of vice grips, wrap black tape around the jaws, lock them onto the knob as loosely as you can, pull it up.
Remove inner door handle. Never done it on an EF, I'm guessing it's a case of popping the screw cover in the middle and taking the screw behind it out.
The whole trim should now swing from the top. Give it a quick jerk upwards and it'll come off.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 10:41 PM   #10
2kool4u

cheers guys, I thought it might have pop screw thingys but as i wasn't sure i wasn't tempted to pull the door skin too hard

I'll get onto it tomorrow and tell you how it goes.
Old 15-03-2006, 10:44 PM   #11
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

with the door locking prob, check that when all doors are open and the buttons are all up at the same height. if not thats the problem. the button has be pushed down to far on the thread (that was what was wrong with mine). just get a rag and pliers and hold on to it then lock it. if it pops out and all the doors are looked just hit it back down and it should be sweet.
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 11:30 PM   #12
2kool4u

I still can't get the door trim off, there are no pop screws i'm aware of, but the two pieces of the door trim seem to be clamped together.

EB Pete, I'll go try that now, cheers mate
Old 16-03-2006, 12:17 AM   #13
2kool4u

Nah mate it wasn't the length of the buttons, I think its the bar that connects to the rod going to the motor, the one that actually locks the door, it has a spring action on it which is forcing the rod back up and therefore unlocking the door, I want to disconnect the motor and just lock it manually until I get it fixed but there seems to be no way to do that, Any ideas??