Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry EF Fairmont Suspension

Hi guys, another suspension thread....

After a solid month of research i have come to the conclusion that suspension places really don't want to sell anything these days- even if you go there personally or call them 3 times asking for a damn price. This being the case i have decided that i really cbf with a fully customised suspension package and have opted for something more or less off the shelf. Therefore, i would appreciate some feedback on the following...

1) Just after some feedback from those who run Koni sport shocks (yellow externally adjustable type). What spring have you used these with and how comfortable are they? Are they progressive or linear and what spring rate are they?

2) Also, i'm after some opinions on sway bars. A 30mm adjustable whiteline bar will be fitted up front however suspension experts have suggested to leave the rear bar stock. Thoughts/suggestions?

Cheers,
Anth

chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 12:55 AM   #2
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

1) The shocks are adjustable, so the comfort depends on how you set the shocks.

2) Fitting a larger front swaybar will produce more understeer on the limit, but people on here have fitted a larger front bar, with the stock rear bar, and the handling has improved out of sight. Fiting a larger rear bar will make the rear more nervous compared to stock, it depends if you can live with it like that everyday.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers, thanks for the feed back.

The shocks are technically adjustable but the term 'adjustable' needs to be used loosely.. you cannot actually adjust the bound/rebound characteristics of the shock itself, all the Konis offer is the ability to firm or soften the shock to compensate for wear.

I agree that the comfort level is affected by the shocks but only to a degree, the spring is what ultimately determines how comfortable the system is. I believe the key is to correctly match the spring to the damping characteristics of the shocks (hense my question about spring rates).
Old 16-03-2006, 04:35 PM   #4
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So no-one running Konis?? What sway bars does everyone use?
Old 16-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

Stock sway bar ATM but im going to try to get one out of a ED XR6
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post