Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-03-2006, 08:28 AM   #1
v8snerlo
v8snerlo

Default AU2 XR8 Interior Light Kill Switch

Just wondering if anyone has fitted a kill switch to turn the interior lights off in the AU's just like the BA's have standard. If so, any advice on doing so would be much appreciated. I'm not sure if it has been asked before.
Thanks
Leon.

v8snerlo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
stock au
Need go fast bit's

i can't say about series2 or 3 but series1 ex police have kill switch on the dash so i would imagine that the series2 or 3 would(ex-police that is).So maybe try a wrekers
stock au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
smally289
growing up is optional

The police packs had a switch that went to the BEM. You can do the same, just find the right wire to run thru the switch
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

what do you mean by kill switch.. i didnt know my ba had this?
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
v8snerlo
v8snerlo

There is a button in front of the auto gear selector/gear stick (manual) that you can press and the interior lights go out so that when you have the doors open, the lights aren't on.
Sounds like noone has investigated this by the sounds of it!!
Leon.
Old 16-03-2006, 06:58 PM   #6
stock au
Need go fast bit's

at work we have ba ute 5speed and there ain't no button on that
stock au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #7
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Why would you want this feature?
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 08:33 AM   #8
v8snerlo
v8snerlo

All the BA's had this feature right from the start. I've seen it in every BA/BF I've sat in. I'd like it so that I can turn the interior lights off while I'm mucking around at home or while I'm at a car show. I know the AU's have a timer that turns them off after about half an hour but if you go and unlock the boot then the lights come on and the whole process starts over again.
Old 17-03-2006, 11:50 AM   #9
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Cool - I thought this was just standard on my AU. It really is handy though if you have kids in the back of the futura playing with the curtosy lights as mine are really bright for some reason - thinking of downing the wattage of those.

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post