Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-03-2006, 09:24 PM   #31
Dodge
i like to be stroked

ford has almost run out of names, all the bird names are almost used. falcon ect as for the Ho , it was never listed on any ford cars, just a option on the build sheet. the only ho i know charges by the hour LOL
Old 17-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #32
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What the hell does homolagated options mean? I thought the original GTHO was short for Grand Tourer Handling Option's. Whats this Homo thing anyway. Sounds so dodgy
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #33
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
What the hell does homolagated options mean? I thought the original GTHO was short for Grand Tourer Handling Option's. Whats this Homo thing anyway. Sounds so dodgy
Before it was known as HO, the company was called Phase Autos - they did the Fibreglass work for the Cobra and went on to do the racing XD / XE kits. (They also did road versions of the XD / XEs called Phase 5 & Phase 6)

When the EA was released the company went through a bit of a change and the name changed to HO (Homologated Options) They did a Phase 7 kit for the EA and went on to do the Allan Moffat Supercharged ED. As previously mentioned, they currently do the Interceptor kits for BA.

Cheers

Paul B
XR6WGN

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 10:02 PM   #34
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

Yeah and the guy that owns it or what ever use to work for ford on the original ho's, or something didnt he. Theres an interview with him in one of the street fords mags. Was an interesting read and JR asked the forbidden question about the ba/BF GTHO, and the guy said yes ford do have one, but they are waiting to release it or something alongish those lines.
Old 17-03-2006, 10:17 PM   #35
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok. Now I understand. I just thought it was someone cashing in on the name HO to try to do a few mods to a GT and then stick the HO on the end of it to make it something it's not.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #36
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
I spend most of my week in a truck, out on the road. A while ago I watched a red BA (could have been BF, I only saw the passenger side and the rear) GT-something-or-other overtake us as we were coming down the city-side of the Bolte Bridge.

It was red, had two (black or white...? can't remember... white, maybe...) Cobra-style stripes from front to back (which looked ИИИИhouse, by the way), an exhaust note like a tortured soul (this nearly gave me a hard-on before I'd even spotted the car come from beside the truck) screaming through quad pipes, the darkest of tints the whole way round, and a little badge on the back between the bootlid and the drivers-side taillight that said "GT" with "HO" underneath that and something else written underneath that. I didn't see what was underneath the "HO" because I quickly scanned the rest of the car as much as possible as it tore off down the freeway.

The driver (another huge Ford man) and myself discussed it for a bit, with me deciding the owner must have had it all done himself, and Dougie settling on the idea that it could be a concept or something. I still reckon it was a personal customisation thing, though.

I never bothered to post about it up here though because then it just becomes another "Oh, I saw a BA GTHO, must have been the new V10" thread, and I couldn't be assed with that, especially seeing as I didn't take a photo or anything. Plus, being that I stand by my claim that it's probably a one-off, built purely by this guy's wallet, it doesn't really stand out as being that special in my eyes.

The GTHO badge did look really good though. It wasn't big, but Christ, it certainly caught my attention.

Oh, and there was some stupid sticker across the rear windscreen, but I don't remember what it said.

Anyway, believe what you will.

I swear I seen that car driving around airport west.
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #37
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwgthoe
ford/fpv have not got the legal naming rights for GTHO (or HO more to the point) as they say in the movie "The Castle" tell him he's dreamin' sleep:
I'm pretty sure Ford AU has kept ownership of the GTHO name. I think you're thinking of GT40, which Ford US forgot to update. :
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #38
XW Boy
Being built not bought.

What a load of ИИИИ, if ford had a BA/BF GTHO, they would be promoting it like hell, not just letting a few drive around and slowly get noticed. As people have said before it is most likely some type of a mock up. I've seen a ba wagon with a gt stripe, are they making gt wagons now? i think not.
XW Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post