Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-03-2006, 02:15 AM   #1
andyturbo
Starter Motor

Default turbo charging an el xr6

Gday all,
Lately been looking very closely at geting a VL turbo. Have decided agaist it due to the age of it and the 'muzza' image. After speaking to a couple of mates, i have decided to buy a el xr6. It will be manual and hopfully under 140,000km's.

Once im a bit more experienced ill be looking at geting some serious power, by turboing it. My aim would be for a low-mid 12 second car. Im hoping people that have done this could post up about there experiences and what they recommend. Im also considering possibly geting a complete BA xr6t engine and droping it in, which should see a mid 13sec car im guessing due to the weight of the el. Then with a good exhaust, big cooler, and edit hopfully will achieve close to the time im looking at. Would i be right in saying around 265rwkw should see a low-mid 12sec pass? (assuming clean launch,good changes ect)

Any information would be helpful, thanks.
Andy

andyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 04:44 AM   #2
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Hi Andy,

If you want to turbo your EL make sure you have some cash and some patience.
I personally would stick with the EL motor as a base.
Old 23-03-2006, 06:20 AM   #3
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Search is your friend. Its been covered a million times. Your questions are no different to some posted yesterday, the day before that and the day before that.