Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #1
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How much for a tune?

Like the title says im in need for a tune, my car is chewing so much juice its not funny. Id just like to know a vauge price on what i should pay? Seeing as I have an EB w/AU motor & EL computer im sure that if i took it to somewhere like profix etc.. it would be a waste of time. So how much should i be looking at for say a baisic dyno tune somwhere? When i had my Datto 1600 and put my blower on it it was running s&%t (the so called datto expert that put the kit together put the idle jet in the primary spot and vice versa so lets just say she was leaning out a bit under boost lol) so when i got her dynod and it cost me bout 300 bux cos there was a lot of labour involved (few other gremlins also). So if there isnt anything wrong with the EB it should be well under 300 bux yeah?

Also while im on it anyone know of any good places in adelaide preferably south? I went to marion specialty tuning for the datto and will go back, but if i can find somewhere that is cheaper but still good im allways keen (im a bit of a tight a$%se lol)
CHEERS

starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 12:56 AM   #2
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well i got her dynod today and there was no real obvious problem with my car, the only thing that we could see is that at full throttle the Air fuel ratio goes down to about 11.0 which he said is good for about 15lbs of boost which is good if i had some forced induction but i dont. He reckons it should be at about 14ish but the only real way to rectify this properly is to to a some remaping which means alot of clams. He was pretty impressed with how much poke she had though and was pretty confident that we could get some decent numbers out of it with the right map. heres some pics.
Original readout.

and a vauge example of what it could look like (just a chop i did with info he gave me)

P.S. im just going my what the mechanic said so for all i know this could all be bull crap!! Let me know if it is.

Last edited by starkersEB; 04-04-2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:14 AM   #3
EFFalcon
Last warning

she gets a bit rough up top.
for a stocky with exhaust its pretty much on par.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 01:30 AM   #4
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
she gets a bit rough up top.
for a stocky with exhaust its pretty much on par.
She does have a cam but got no idea of the grind, cos i havnt got the details off montyV8 yet so it should be a little better that that id say.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:51 PM   #5
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

It's not running -that- rich. There's a problem somewhere else for it to be running that rough up high, what condition are the leads/plugs/distributor cap/air filter/cat convertor/oxy sensor in?

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post