Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #91
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

hey my mates cars, r32 skyline 2.5 2wd with a big turbo, modified, against xr8 with boss 290 with mods hes claiming 350 kw at fly wheel, xr8 won because the power to the ground got the skyline, but the top speed goes to the skyline im prety sure, he past me doing 270 in the skyline on my local highway
Beetus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #92
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetus
hey my mates cars, r32 skyline 2.5 2wd with a big turbo, modified, against xr8 with boss 290 with mods hes claiming 350 kw at fly wheel, xr8 won because the power to the ground got the skyline, but the top speed goes to the skyline im prety sure, he past me doing 270 in the skyline on my local highway
That's the whole idea. The most tractable power wins. No point over powering the tyres and doing a loosers flyby ;)

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 11:31 PM   #93
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
I for one couldn't give a toss about which is quicker stock or otherwise!
Tha fact of the matter is a skyline/sylvia/180 is a over priced, over-rated rattly piece of plastic.
Ok so you are saying that a CA18DET S13 (1988) or R32 GTS-T (1989) has a lesser build quality than an EA Falcon you have to be kidding ? :

Quote:
not designed to handle our climate/conditions and to look at most of the daily drivers proves it.
:

Of course looking at daily drivers you wont see as many 180sx/skyline/supra's etc. What you WILL see are cars that are directly imported or made in Australia, mass produced and mass marketed with millions of dollars worth of advertising spent each year trying to get people in these cars. On the other hand 180/r32 etc are imported through small private companies by a tiny sector of the car enthusiast community with no backing from multi-billion dollar corporations.

The cars of course aern't going to suit our conditions as they were orignially produced for sale in the Japanese domestic market and hence Australia's road conditions wouldn't even be a train of thought to the engineers at Nissan etc. A big floaty falcon with boat suspension will always be 100x more comfortable than a jap sports car fitted with coilovers and the like.

Mitchay: have you checked out www.nissansilvia.com or www.skylinesaustralia.com to check out some of the cars for sale there or if they could point you in the right direction? If you really want a manual i would definantly hold out for a good example to come up.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 11:36 PM   #94
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
That's the whole idea. The most tractable power wins. No point over powering the tyres and doing a loosers flyby ;)
Good call mate, i agree 100%......
Old 05-04-2006, 11:40 PM   #95
Scott

Quote:
I for one couldn't give a toss about which is quicker stock or otherwise! Tha fact of the matter is a skyline/sylvia/180 is a over priced, over-rated rattly piece of plastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
Ok so you are saying that a CA18DET S13 (1988) or R32 GTS-T (1989) has a lesser build quality than an EA Falcon you have to be kidding ? :
Didn't see the bit about EA's in his quote but he's not far off either way, they really were crappy.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #96
Bolt60

Who cares ? Both Jap C**p !
Bolt60 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #97
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
Didn't see the bit about EA's in his quote but he's not far off either way, they really were crappy.
Comparing apples with apples, you can't put a car made in 1989 up against a 2003 XR6T can you?

I love my fords but putting all bias (lets not get rowdy and start calling all of them ricers) japanese cars in general seem to have a far superior build quality than any Australian made ford or holden equivilant, from my experience with both cars anyway.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 12:01 PM   #98
Scott

Quote:
I for one couldn't give a toss about which is quicker stock or otherwise! Tha fact of the matter is a skyline/sylvia/180 is a over priced, over-rated rattly piece of plastic.
Quote:
Comparing apples with apples, you can't put a car made in 1989 up against a 2003 XR6T can you?
Didn't see a 2003 XR6T in his post either. You need to accept the fact that his opinion in that post didn't compare any other vehicles.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #99
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

When i said the nissan's were not suited to our conditions im talking about build quality in terms of plastics and trim life and longevity of components.
Lets face it the EA wasnt the best when it comes to trim qualities but it will still do in excess of 300,000ks on a original motor and if looked after reasonably the trim will handle the wear and tear quite well.
Now comparing that to a car designed to do 40,000k in japan on short trips and then disposed of to a country where some of our highways are longer than their entire country with average road maintenance, you end up with rattly plastic and faded trim from the harsh sun.
Show me a skyline with 300,000ks on the original motor.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 02:06 PM   #100
GEE 87
302 ED fairmont ghia

Quote:
When i said the nissan's were not suited to our conditions im talking about build quality in terms of plastics and trim life and longevity of components.
Lets face it the EA wasnt the best when it comes to trim qualities but it will still do in excess of 300,000ks on a original motor and if looked after reasonably the trim will handle the wear and tear quite well.
Now comparing that to a car designed to do 40,000k in japan on short trips and then disposed of to a country where some of our highways are longer than their entire country with average road maintenance, you end up with rattly plastic and faded trim from the harsh sun.
Show me a skyline with 300,000ks on the original motor.
Amen :newangel: - skylines arent used as cabs
GEE 87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #101
EFFANATIC
Banned

lol long time ago i raced my mates r32 turbo standard boost in mums ef wagon.on private property of course and i drilled im 2 bout 120 then got wiped lol.
EFFANATIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post