Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-10-2005, 09:39 PM   #1
finnyman
smoke rubber, not crack

Default turbo into EL fairmont

hey guys i got a rough quote on wat it would cost to get turbo put in. the guy from Rigoli Racing said that it would be bout 8-10 grand, lol so i couldnt help to ask why, and he said that would be with top of the range stuff, tuned properly and made with custom manifolds and would double the power of what it has now. this is with no internal changes to the motor. would getting supercharger be more sufficient cuz its just on the front of the motor and would it be cheaper??

all comments and help appreciated guys, cheers

finnyman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #2
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You'd want to hope it doubles the power you've got now!

Buy a BA XR6T if you want a turbo.
Old 23-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

$10K is cheap and no, a supercharger wouldnt be any cheaper in the long run.

Sorry, but 'slapping' a turbo in is not a cheap option if you want it done right. I would think $10K is the starting point for a really decent setup (unless you can do the labour yourself). $15K is probably closer to the final price realistically.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:57 PM   #4
finnyman
smoke rubber, not crack

well i didnt plan on just slapping a turbo on, as i stated b4 that was the price i was quoted with it done proffessionally, and i didnt quite have the 30 grand for a BAXR6T, i thought since i managed to pick the car up for 5700 with rims, lowered, lukey system, mirror tint and stereo i was thinkin of investing in a performance upgrade for around 3-5 g's to get the car windin up a bit quicker than it does, givin myself a 3-5 grand spending spree wat should i get besides on a good set of extractors and snorkel and the norm?
Old 23-10-2005, 10:26 PM   #5
-jjM-
Banned

if it ante got a manual u can start ther:P
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 10:27 PM   #6
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

instead of spending 8-10 grand on making a turbo kit, go here and buy one pre-made.

http://www.snortperformance.com/

say you got a stage two, which would pretty much double your power, youd have at least $2000-2500 to spend on intercooler, piping, exhuast, boost guage, bleed valve, and bov if u wanted. and youd still have change left over to maybe buy injectors or a bosh 044.

cheap bang for bux, and when you get a bit more money start investing in a cam and head work, then bottom end and a computer to run the beast.

Ehab

need psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #7
DjAshman

I was quoted $8000 for Garett turbo and everything I need, intercooler, piping etc + new headers (****ed off about that one considering I just got new genies fitted) and 3" system. Expected 200kw/rw with at least 10 - 12 pound boost. Thats for an EF Fairmont, at Jakes Performance in Canberra.

Hope that helps

Ash
DjAshman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 11:45 PM   #8
DjAshman

Oh and that also included new chip, engine work (new gaskets n ) as well as labour.... pretty dreamy price and great feedback about Jakes Performance from people I have heard from.
Old 24-10-2005, 08:15 PM   #9
finnyman
smoke rubber, not crack

hey needpsi thanx for that website man that gear seems like the way to go, i might go stage 3 with that price and then get the manual change soon after

you guys are champs
Old 24-10-2005, 08:37 PM   #10
EACRUISER
EA V8 & AU II 4.0 Forte

That Looks like a good price too.

I am starting to think i should have gone through them to begin with,
(snortperformance)

As the collection of parts for my turbo project and time has been alot more than their stage 5 kit.

and i am still making the two manifolds.

then i have to make the plumbing to the intercooler.
and i don't really want to cut any body panels.
EACRUISER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 11:10 PM   #11
DjAshman

Oh wow. Didnt see that Snort site. Damn thats a good price for stage 4. Think I might cancel my order.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #12
heckaz performance

The snort kits cost a bit more to get fully fitted, but are very good value for money. One of the guys had a kit fitted by them and it was $5500 fitted.
That seems reasonable.
J$# are about 10-12 grand fitted.
It depends on what you want to do yourself.
Any competent workshop (probably even autobarn) could fit a Snort Kit, although if they have dyno you could get the regulator and timing dialed in.
You would still need a Fuel pump, and a few other small items.
But with the bucks saved a unichip, aftermarket computer, chip, or reflash could be fitted.
heckaz performance is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post