Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
ebxr8_50ho
now EFXR65spd

Default Help Please

Does anyone know what wire/s would be broken to cause my transmission to go into safe mode (limp home, stuck in 3rd). I've had the codes re-writen on the computer. I've tried a different computer. I've had solenoids replaced. Mechanically, the box is in good condition but something is rooted in the electronics. ANY help would be greatly appreciated as i am ready to torch the ИИИИer :

ebxr8_50ho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Check your relays, and earths on the battery. These were crap and caused my auto to go into LHM whenever I operated my high beams (for example).

What codes is it spitting out? It should tell you straight up what's wrong with it.

How old is the fluid? Or, how long since it's had a service?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #3
ebxr8_50ho
now EFXR65spd

I had it serviced about a month and a half ago and its not spitting out codes because the diagnostic computer does not comunicate with the tranny comp. The other computer i tried on it was out of a running car that drove as it should. Thats why all the trades people i have spoken to think its a split/ broken wire
Old 18-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #4
ebxr8_50ho
now EFXR65spd

Not only that but its a series 1 eb ('91) and they reckon that the computer is not so detailed as to its faults
Old 18-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #5
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Well, I'm all out of advice!

Good luck with finding the fault, I hope it gets fixed soon.

There are diagnostic computers out there which can read auto TCMs though, so maybe one of those could spit out a code that says "wire x is not connected".

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #6
ebxr8_50ho
now EFXR65spd

thanks anyway mate. i'm at a wits end. time to fork out more cash i suppose