Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 17-04-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Default My Resignation, and the Periodic Voting Proposition

G'day all,

Resignation
Due to some personal changes, I am losing regular internet access. Furthermore, I wish to do the honourable thing in response to recent criticisms I have been receiving. I hereby announce my resignation as a Board member and forum moderator. I'll be around now and then to help them, but not enough to justify Board membership. There will be no need to replace me on the Board as there is now 8 members in total, as it should be.

Periodic Voting
I have proposed to the Board a significant change to the way we do things. Traditionally, voted-in senior members retained their positions indefinitely. I propose that once a year (say, November), there be a revote of ALL Representative positions. And similarly, once a year (say, April) the Board be revoted. This would bring a few benefits:

* Areas such as Sydney which have struggled to take off will be given more frequent opportunities to do so
* Areas such as Queensland in recent times, which had required more attention than the senior members were aware, would never again lack that attention indefinitely
* Any voted-in member who does not perform to a desirable standard can be replaced, for the benefit of the Club as a whole

The decision as to whether this is approved will be at the discretion of the 8 members of the Board. However, if you have any input I'm sure they will take that into consideration.

Bringing this into effect and completing the Voting that is currently underway will be my final task as Board member. Should things change, I will not hesisitate to put my hand up as a Board candidate in the future.

Cheers!

Jack

ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Aw, a sad day in the E-series land. We will miss your very good way of approaching and dealing with issues, and hope that the club can remain as stable with your absence.

Hope you come back to us soon enough Jack!

Good luck
Old 17-04-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

You're still the president. THE president. Ultimately this is your club.

Perhaps due to your circumstances, this role for you will remain, but will be more ceremonial/less input-intensive?

Respect for you will remain the same though.

Regards, and all the best,

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 02:19 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L

Perhaps due to your circumstances, this role for you will remain, but will be more ceremonial/less input-intensive?

-Dave-
here here
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #5
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Cheers for the kind words guys. I will continue to be around to help the Board and AFF admin should any issues arise. The worst case would be me taking a few days to get the messages. I realise some of the latest changes are overdue and won't deny that this is a boo-boo, but from this point forward I will make sure it's all done right the first time.

Meanwhile, please keep comments about the proposition coming... be warned that if no one says anything, my evil ideas are given the green light by default.
Old 17-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #6
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Well, I would agree with the annual voting for both the board and the reps. I'm undecided on the april/november times though. I can see one pro and one con:

Pro: no (potential) drastic leadership change would happen all-at-once
Con: Two sets of voting thru the year. More difficulty in getting everyone to vote at two voting events, rather than one singluar event.

But overall I'd say the November/April voting periods would be an excellent idea.

-Dave-
Old 17-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #7
AdzT3-146
own the road

Best of luck Jack. Your regular prescence on these forums will be sorely missed. Hope your back regularly sooner rather than later.

I like the voting format you have suggested too. Hopefully that way it can keep the majority of people happy, if people think a certain board member isn't suitable or isn't doing the job properly then it's only fair that the members can have they're say about that.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:03 PM   #8
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey, good luck Jack.
I'd like to see you stay on as Pres too. Let the board run the Club, but you're still involved to a smaller degree.

Two thumbs up for the voting proposal too.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:03 PM   #9
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

(referring to oyob2003) Regarding your comment towards me, pull your head in and read carefully. I actually posted twice. In the first post I virtually ignored Jack's comments about November/April elections because I was shocked to read of his resignation. In the 2nd post I thought I would give him my input on his proposition.

(on a more friendly note)Plus it's the long weekend, many people are still out elsewhere. I myself was offline from Friday until this arvo. Give it some time and there will be many more responses to Jack's announcement, for both his resignation and his November/April elections idea.
Old 17-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #10
LUXO_8
windsor user

mate, not everyone is home at the moment ( easter hollidays / easternats / etc) and also not everyone sits at their keyboard 24/7...

trouty only made the thread at 1-30 this arvo also......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #11
oyob2003

Yes I suppose I have to agree with you "MADNC", but we will wait until tuesday to see what the responce is.
oyob2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #12
oyob2003

I feel one out here in NSW.
Old 17-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #13
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

That sounds like a fair statement, and something for you to possibly mull over Trouty...

Good luck with whatever you truly decide, but sometimes we make decisions about things without mulling over all the possibilities... You have huge support from members, so maybe that is something to think about..
But like I said, Good luck with your decisions..

(this is the 5th time today I have tried to post this, wondering if it will go through this time lol)...

I do agree with your voting suggestions..

Cheers
Kerri
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 07:09 PM   #14
Dezza
Parts bin special

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck in the future.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #15
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
* Areas such as Queensland in recent times, which had required more attention than the senior members were aware, would never again lack that attention indefinitely

Jack
Can I ask, what have you done for QLD members, and how has it required your attention?
You have posted in the QLD voting thread that you have spoken to both Rollin and I to resolve this problem.

1) I would like to see the correspondance between yourself, or any other member of the E Series board, because I for one, have never seen it. You have never contacted me, or anybody else regarding the matter.

2) I would also like to have you explain to us all, what exactly did happen between Rollin and I, because quite frankly, you have pasted me enough times in threads, and not once had the common courtesy to contact me and ask what really did happen.

There are always 2 sides to every story, and you seem to have only decided to hear one, make judgement, and close the subject.

3) I challenge you to have the guts to leave this post here, for all to read, and not edit it in any way. If that happens, I will just use it as my sig.

There are always many ways to resolve issues, and the mature, and honest way is always the best way I have found.

Matt

Last edited by 347Stroker; 17-04-2006 at 07:26 PM.
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 01:49 AM   #16
Damo
Banned

^^ what a load of crap.

Anyways good luck with the whole moving on thing Jack, keep us upto date with the EA!
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 06:22 AM   #17
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
^^ what a load of crap.

Anyways good luck with the whole moving on thing Jack, keep us upto date with the EA!
Please leep your silly statements to yourself and only give constructive comments.
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 08:09 AM   #18
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Fair enough then Jack, your call and you have caught me by surprise, but all the best with everything.

I will still help you get the EA finished and back on the raod once again

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 08:27 AM   #19
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats sad to see Jack, you have been around a very, very, very long time.

I hope you do get to finish the EA or at least get it on the road again.

Good Luck mate.

WTF is with the noob attitude these days. I have never even seen that guy above post before. Its not Yagz is it?
Old 18-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #20
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Thats sad to see Jack, you have been around a very, very, very long time.

I hope you do get to finish the EA or at least get it on the road again.

Good Luck mate.

WTF is with the noob attitude these days. I have never even seen that guy above post before. Its not Yagz is it?
Cannot agree more, Seems to be quite a few atm & $5 says thats Chris.

Good luck with everything jack I still want to be there when the old girl rolls out of the driveway under its own power : Dont hesitate to give us a yell if you need help. As ive said before, half of my car's heritage is on that ghia or Gl I guess?

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #21
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Cheers for the replies guys. Thanks again for the kind words; as always I will be around now and then, but have a lot of things I need to focus on without distractions (including the car with Jase's help!) - I think of it as an opportunity rather than a loss. I will continue to see through current issues like the settling in of the Board and Queensland voting to the satisfaction of the majority.

Hopefully I'll be cruising to an event quite soon.

oyob2003, there is no need to stir drama, this is the very proposition that will give NSW a good chance to at least recover to where it was back in 2002. This is the 'shake up' that has been necessary. Members take a keen interest in what is happening as they always have.

Matt's reply deserves a more detailed response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Stroker
Can I ask, what have you done for QLD members, and how has it required your attention?
I have confessed before that I was not aware of the lack of events in Queensland as an ongoing issue. The issue has been raised before but I thought it was a temporary lapse in activity. By changing Reps and proposing the new changes (which would push the Rep to maintain high standards or risk being voted out), I believe it will solve the current problem, and prevent it repeating.

Quote:
You have posted in the QLD voting thread that you have spoken to both Rollin and I to resolve this problem.

1) I would like to see the correspondance between yourself, or any other member of the E Series board, because I for one, have never seen it. You have never contacted me, or anybody else regarding the matter.
I have no interest in posting your PMs publically. You may recall I edited out a post of yours which I considered a personal attack (quite aside from being completely and utterly irrelevant to the thread's topic) to which you explained your side of the story. Since then, I have raised the matter to AFF admin, spoken to Rollin and gained a further understanding from Gary's discussions with the 2 of you. I have not spoken to you recently because there was no need.

Quote:
2) I would also like to have you explain to us all, what exactly did happen between Rollin and I, because quite frankly, you have pasted me enough times in threads, and not once had the common courtesy to contact me and ask what really did happen.
Again, you gave a rough account initially but it has been the subsequent reports that have been far more concerning. If there have been any kind of thefts, it is a legal matter and should be dealt with by the legal system. If this effort is not justifiable, let it go.

Last year I got ripped off over $1300 by some fool at a logistics company, and you don't see me SMSing threats of violence, sending threads downhill over personal issues or flaming. Granted it is different when dealing with a forum member, but the facts are:

* I could catch a plane to Queensland and do detective work, and it still wouldn't make me an eye witness who is in a position to take one side over another
* My impression is that regardless of what happened, the manner in which you have dealt with this - including the very obvious army of followers you have amassed - is dividing the Queensland division. We cannot be constructive when you are not.

Quote:
There are always 2 sides to every story, and you seem to have only decided to hear one, make judgement, and close the subject.
My 'judgement' was to remove both of you from being candidates. That isn't my definition of bias. I have warned AFF admin and the Board that this issue will be ongoing for some time, and we have decided that we will resort to banning members if we have to in order to bring things under control. We cannot judge who of the 2 of you is right or wrong, but from this point we will very strictly enforce Club/forum rules about flaming other members and the like.

With so much uncertainty, excluding the 2 of you from the voting was a no-brainer, though difficult nonetheless.

Quote:
3) I challenge you to have the guts to leave this post here, for all to read, and not edit it in any way. If that happens, I will just use it as my sig.
It is threats like these that only serve to harm your reputation as someone wanting to constructively resolve these differences. The forums and Club are not empowered to deal with situations like this in a legalistic manner. We can only enforce our own rules. You can put whatever you like in your signature, but be warned that you will be judged based on your attitude.

Quote:
There are always many ways to resolve issues, and the mature, and honest way is always the best way I have found.
In this case, I suggest you try and:

* work things out with Rollin via constructive dialogue
* involve legal parties
* let it go in the interests of the Queensland division as a whole

I/AFF admin/the Board will be around for yourself and Rollin if we can help, but by the same token, we will take very harsh action if we feel regular members are feeling uncomfortable or intimidated by the dramas. One way or another, there must be a complete long-term resolution.

We accept that we can't please everyone all the time, and we can only do what we think is best for the greater good.

Cheers,

Jack
Old 18-04-2006, 02:28 PM   #22
oyob2003

Ghia 5l, I have pulled my head in, and I am very sorry now that I put my first post up without giving it any thought and must apologise to any member who it offends and if I could I would delete it, mayby Mods could do it for me so that I cannot offend any member who has not read it yet, once again I apologise.
Old 18-04-2006, 05:08 PM   #23
The Goodz
E-Series Firemaker

Quote:

-Dave-
Here here! You made this club what it is, and without you it won't be the same. Don't stray too far!

Alex

Automotive photography, fine art landscapes, portraiture
Photo retouching and restoration

The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 05:39 PM   #24
-jjM-
Banned

watching your posts on and on, you do a great job supporting and managing this club, talkin to others of the earlie e-series to what the club is today

altho i dont know you personaly, id like to say thow, youve done a great job, dispit what others might think

great job trouty
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #25
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyob2003
Ghia 5l, I have pulled my head in, and I am very sorry now that I put my first post up without giving it any thought and must apologise to any member who it offends and if I could I would delete it, mayby Mods could do it for me so that I cannot offend any member who has not read it yet, once again I apologise.
No worries ;)
Old 18-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #26
EA_Bender
Hmmm Gold!!!

Hey Trouty, Sorry to see you leaving mate. Again I dont know u personally but all the things Ive read (including things in this thread) lead me be to believe that you're a pretty decent guy!

Good luck with everything mate.

Bender
1990 EA Series 2 Fairmont, Low Springs and shocks, 17 x 7 Advanti Flash Mags running on Falken rubber :, EL XR8 Sway Bars, NGK Iridium Plugs, New Trip Comp, Pacemaker 4480, 2.5 system 4L ED engine with surecam

Now Sporting - OED666's 202+ RWHP engine!! :dj: fully
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post