Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What would this be worth?

A mate has a heritage green '96 ef fairmont ghia that he is thinking of selling. It is obviously auto with a 3000 stally (not sure of brand).

Interior- cappacino leather with ELGT steering wheel (genuine), chrome door handles, ps2 with roof mounted screen, 6x9's in rear shelf (pioneer or alpine?), white dash.

Exterior- LTD? grille, ef xr bodykit (genuine), ELGT wing & bonnet scoop (genuine), ANZ mayhem? chrome 18's, lowered.

Engine- 347 stroker, edelbrock performer alloy heads, E303 cam, ELGT manifold, 75mm? t/b & maf, haltec, 28lb inj, Hurricane headers & twin 3" system with redback mufflers. Has around 300 hp at the wheels.

129k km on it.

Was thinking around $25k. Does this sound to much?

Was in issue 6? of St Fords. (blue xr6t on cover).

Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
-jjM-
Banned

i remember that thing in the magazine, thought it was stevos just without xr front bumper

stevo mock up jk very nice car thow
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

Sorry I really don't think anyone would pay $25k. Maybe you'd be lucky to get $15k. I know its got a lot of work done as I saw it in the mag, but theres not many people out there who would pay for it, they'd rather buy a later model car with that kind of money.
Old 18-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #4
fmc351
let it burn

Im gonna stab at it, yeah too much. Not becuase he hasnt invested that into it, but because thats building cars, theyre a black hole in the bitumen that you throw money into. You either dont mind, or dont do it.

I know a guy who's spent over $120k on an AU1 XR8, hed be lucky to get $20K for it. He bought it new, rebuilt it new. I'd say its still got under 40k on its clock, last I saw it it was at 28K.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #5
Scott

Unfortunately, I think he'll struggle for $15k unless someone "just has to have it". My guess would be $10k, maybe upto $13k.
Good luck to him though, I hope you post up that he get's $25k!!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

15-17k reasonable.
Old 18-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #7
EDXR6T

13-16 max!

yer car's are a never ending money pit you'l never get bk what you put in

buy a house:P
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 08:45 AM   #8
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He just has to find the right buyer. I would probably pay around the 20 mark for it.
Old 19-04-2006, 09:26 AM   #9
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About a year ago we paid 12.5k for a EL Fairmont ghia with about 100k on the clock, and it is / was in great condition when we got it.

But we are in a country town (wagga) so cars are generally more expensive and people dont really mind paying more if they have the money.

If you want to go to the city to buy a car people are reluctant because of the cost to go to a city, find the car, inspect the car, stay there etc etc and with no certanty of finding the "right" car. So in the country cars are commonly more expensive and dealers can get away with it.

So a suggestion maybe try going for a road trip and try selling for 25k in country town.. :
ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post