Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #31
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Default Re: Pursuit and GTF Matte decals

Rock and a hard place....Ford's fault here in my mind is they applied matt stripes in the first place, so much more TLC required than gloss and easily marked up, bit impractical for a daily. Their view of course would be that's what they've supplied and that's what you've bought... Fun part is, if they're replaced, over time it'll happen again unless you are 'perfectly' careful (one swipe with a sponge loaded with a tiny stone from the wheel well and there they go, chemical crap in the rain, or a bird). I get the same with my black duco when washing her, but at least i can polish that out or protect it. Gloss stripes, never an issue of course. Has to be frustrating for you mate. If they came to the party I'd be half inclined to store them not use them, and refit when selling. Or accept the new ones will likely mar and replace with something a bit hardier down the track.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:55 AM   #32
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now that I know they are really not designed for everyday use, I would clearguard them as soon as they were fitted,just with I knew they would be so not fit for purpose in the first place.Thought they would last longer than a few months.
kazawaki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2015, 11:57 AM   #33
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
Rock and a hard place....Ford's fault here in my mind is they applied matt stripes in the first place, so much more TLC required than gloss and easily marked up, bit impractical for a daily. Their view of course would be that's what they've supplied and that's what you've bought... Fun part is, if they're replaced, over time it'll happen again unless you are 'perfectly' careful (one swipe with a sponge loaded with a tiny stone from the wheel well and there they go, chemical crap in the rain, or a bird). I get the same with my black duco when washing her, but at least i can polish that out or protect it. Gloss stripes, never an issue of course. Has to be frustrating for you mate. If they came to the party I'd be half inclined to store them not use them, and refit when selling. Or accept the new ones will likely mar and replace with something a bit hardier down the track.
In the regard as to that's what I bought well that's a bit of a furffy from them as well as to secure one of these cars deposits had to be paid sight unseen and the decals and even the cars were not seen until months after and even then you didn't see the car until you picked it up.They asked for a leap of faith and I did that only to be going through this hard nosed battle with them.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:43 PM   #34
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Not sure if these will help you Kaza, but my car hasn't been washed since I got it, and lives under its' cover.
I've only given it a blow-down (100kmh max.. :P), and gentle wipe down with a microfibre cloth.
I want to get the opti-coat, but have to travel quite a bit for it to be done, which is one of the reasons she hasn't seen much use.
I've noticed scratches on the bonnet and the roof, but only under certain conditions.
Next time I get it out proper, I will see if I can get them in the pic.
You may or may not see some slight blotchiness, but it has been present since the day I picked it up. Keep up the fight, I think you have a relevant case as I'm not convinced they will last too long either, especially with the sun we have up here in CQ.

Ed
Old 06-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #35
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD 351 Ute View Post
Not sure if these will help you Kaza, but my car hasn't been washed since I got it, and lives under its' cover.
I've only given it a blow-down (100kmh max.. :P), and gentle wipe down with a microfibre cloth.
I want to get the opti-coat, but have to travel quite a bit for it to be done, which is one of the reasons she hasn't seen much use.
I've noticed scratches on the bonnet and the roof, but only under certain conditions.
Next time I get it out proper, I will see if I can get them in the pic.
You may or may not see some slight blotchiness, but it has been present since the day I picked it up. Keep up the fight, I think you have a relevant case as I'm not convinced they will last too long either, especially with the sun we have up here in CQ.

Ed
Cool even in those photos you can see inconsistency's but some more definitive shots would be great next time you get it out,they seem to show up better in the sun and at certain angles.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #36
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Cairns, Townsville or Sunshine Coast are about it (I can recommend the Sunshine Coast one )
You might find Opti-Coat will turn the Matte finish Glossy as well.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:37 AM   #37
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

No worries Kaza, will do. Thanks for the recommendation Gas, I will see what it's worth then.

Ed
Old 07-05-2015, 11:26 AM   #38
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
No worries Kaza, will do. Thanks for the recommendation Gas, I will see what it's worth then.

Ed
Usually between $600-$800.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:23 PM   #39
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

PM re:Opti-Coat Ed.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:39 PM   #40
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Ed
I personally wouldn't put anything on the decals, I thought when I paid for paint protection that this would also protect my decals ,how wrong was I,If you try to protect them with ANYTHING Ford will denie any warranty claim doesn't matter what it is,you are supposed to just sit back and watch then deteriate and do nothing.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #41
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Thanks Kaza. I'm not planning on putting anything on them, will be speaking to the Opticoat people to work ot how to protect them if or when I get it done.
I did buy some of that Chemical Guys matt stripe sealer, but as I haven't washed the car yet, I haven't used it.

Ed
Old 09-05-2015, 11:09 PM   #42
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

The warranty on the stripes isn't worth a pinch being as supplied they ARE very easy to mark up and replacement isn't going to change that. "As new" with protection is likely the only path to satisfaction
Old 10-05-2015, 10:00 AM   #43
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah honestly I don't regret opticoating mine at all. They still look matte to me and even after dirt and water build up after last weeks rain they cleaned up perfectly.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #44
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Sorry, reposting photos as requested.

Ed
Old 12-05-2015, 08:54 AM   #45
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Not sure if it's very clear but these are the bane of my ownership!

kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2015, 10:12 AM   #46
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Not sure if it's very clear but these are the bane of my ownership!

imageimageimage
How did that damage happen ????.I am guessing by some small thing that the decal should be able to handle but because of design it didnt.
Old 19-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #47
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok next week I am going to give Ford one more chance ,face to face at broadmeadows that is if they will even talk to me or at least send someone down who has some authority to deal with this.In this case please anyone else who has photos of problems with the decals on GTF or Pursuit please post them up, or send me a PM and I will give you an E-mail address to send them too.
Old 21-05-2015, 08:55 AM   #48
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is bad especially on a new car.

It should last a couple years before anything like this happens, unless someone has intentionally scratched it. General washing should not do this.

Ford must be using really cheap vinyl.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2021, 08:19 PM   #49
Oldreddy
Starter Motor

Well here I was thinking I was the only one with fading blotched stripes . I have a Black 2014 Pursuit ute with Gold stripes ( same as the GTF ) . Was going to ring Fords to see if they have replacement stripes but at $1600 wow .
My ute sat up on a car hoist with the supplied FPV cover on it for 4 years before I started to drive it daily . Really disappointed as to the condition of them now . What's the solution do we paint them on ??
And yes they
do have the gap around the antenna approx 5mm around the profile of the base .
Oldreddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2021, 09:18 PM   #50
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldreddy View Post
Well here I was thinking I was the only one with fading blotched stripes . I have a Black 2014 Pursuit ute with Gold stripes ( same as the GTF ) . Was going to ring Fords to see if they have replacement stripes but at $1600 wow .
My ute sat up on a car hoist with the supplied FPV cover on it for 4 years before I started to drive it daily . Really disappointed as to the condition of them now . What's the solution do we paint them on ??
And yes they
do have the gap around the antenna approx 5mm around the profile of the base .
You could ask GTLEGEND in his thread...if they're available and the price he can get them at.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11486578
Old 13-12-2021, 11:58 PM   #51
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

$1600 is a bargain.
A set of R-Spec Mustang stickers are about $10,000.
That’s progress.
Top_Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2021, 10:01 AM   #52
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
You could ask GTLEGEND in his thread...if they're available and the price he can get them at.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11486578
Sedans: $900 for the full kit, only Black & Gold left both same price, Silver & White obsolete.

Utes: Full Kit: Black $1400, Silver $800 Gold $800 White $800.

From what I can see there is only one Black set left for a ute, and a hand full of the other colours.

Last edited by GTLEGEND; 14-12-2021 at 10:10 AM.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2021, 10:16 AM   #53
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
$1600 is a bargain.
That’s progress.
R Spec

RHS $2300
LHS $2300
Front Bumper, Bonnet Boot: $2300
Roof $1100

Total $8000

All VIN restricted to R Specs only..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2021, 06:45 PM   #54
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
R Spec

RHS $2300
LHS $2300
Front Bumper, Bonnet Boot: $2300
Roof $1100

Total $8000

All VIN restricted to R Specs only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia
$1600 is a bargain.
That’s progress.
I was going to say surely that is a typo but GTLEGEND answered that!

Why so expensive? Limited production run costs?
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2021, 06:48 PM   #55
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I was going to say surely that is a typo but GTLEGEND answered that!

Why so expensive? Limited production run costs?

R-Spec price gouging is why.
Top_Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post