Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-04-2006, 04:13 PM   #31
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Then bugger me FPV came along & all the talk was about the soon ariving GT.
That spelt the death of the sales of the T3.
yes very true...Ford were just too late off the mark with the T3...had it been released a few years earlier with a larger marketing campaign I'm sure we'd have the pleasure of seeing far more of these beauties on our streets...

but hey, we can't live in 'if only' land...
vfast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #32
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzman
yes very true...Ford were just too late off the mark with the T3...had it been released a few years earlier with a larger marketing campaign I'm sure we'd have the pleasure of seeing far more of these beauties on our streets....
That is prob a good thing. It will make them more collectable in the future.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #33
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit
That is prob a good thing. It will make them more collectable in the future.
They will only be collectable to those who desire them.I don't think any modern performance car in this era will be as desireable or regarded as a collectable as the yesteryears GT's and COBRA's.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 05:03 PM   #34
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i drive alot of GTs and very rarely T3s at work, and i gotta say, T3s are just that little bit more exciting, the rawness, lumpy idle, and their rarity (sp?), win me over every time....
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 08:03 PM   #35
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

what was the diference between the TE & TS?
:sm_headba
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #36
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yum-Yum
what was the diference between the TE & TS?
In T3 form - just the interiors. TS50 was based on the Fairmont and the TE50 based on the XR8. The TS50 being the more "luxurious" model of the two. If you've seen a Faimont dash (TS50) and a XR/Forte dash (TE50), then that's what the difference is. The T1/T2 TE50 and TS50 interiors are different again, and had much more features/options than the T3.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #37
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
They will only be collectable to those who desire them.I don't think any modern performance car in this era will be as desireable or regarded as a collectable as the yesteryears GT's and COBRA's.

Look at it from another perspective. The older ford crowd ( me included )recognize the significance of the older Gt's and their success on the track and what their ultimatley sought for. The later generation of peoples thinking is somewhat different. The younger crowd these days want a complete package, a car that does eveything good.... everywhere. Thats why it's becoming a more popular car, and with it's limited build, makes it more worthwhile. I have driven all the latest fords & I still prefer the T3. Funnily enough...it's the longest car I have ever owned...my usual turnaround is around 24months or less. I simply cannot part with it.

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post