Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Today, 10:58 AM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default NSW CTP Glitch

I’ve found what I believe is a fault in the NSW Green Slip system.

While the NSW registration system allows you to renew a vehicle registration up to three months from the expiry date, the CTP system does not. I stress, it’s three months, calendar date to calendar date - not a fixed term of 90 days.

For example, if your registration expired on 15th August 2024, provided you obtain a Pink Slip and Green Slip before 15th November, you can re-register the vehicle (backdated, of course). IOW your last day to pay the overdue rego is 14th November before 11:59:59PM.

An inspection station can issue a Pink Slip on that last day, the system has no problem with that.

However there’s a problem with the Green Slip system overall that blocks renewals two days early. Even if you have a renewal notice with “use by” date of that last day, the final 48 hours are blocked from renewal.

I’m wondering how this fault has crept in. You can try a dummy run on the Green Slip price checker and put in a renewal date three months ago, less one day, as the due date and it won’t allow a calculation. Same for three months less two days.

Whatever the cause, it’s an error of sorts and will be resulting in surprise, inconvenience to people who scraped and saved to get across the line.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 12:24 PM   #2
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NSW CTP Glitch

It'll affect people who suck at being adults. Who cares.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 12:41 PM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’ve seen a lot of petty court proceedings involving people initially driving unregistered/uninsured or disqualified. Those costs ultimately come out of your pockets, my pockets. I don’t see a further hindrance as helpful.
Old Today, 12:44 PM   #4
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Do you mean that bureaucratic rules are suspect?

Careful the miss/disinformation gurus are on your tail.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Today, 01:05 PM   #5
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
It'll affect people who suck at being adults. Who cares.
I agree, to pay at the very last moment is pushing boundaries to the limit.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 01:08 PM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It’s not the bureaucratic rules which are suspect, it’s code in the CTP side. From what I’ve heard first-hand of codies in the last twelve months, probably either mistake or low care factor on accuracy.