Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #121
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
I sold it and bought a VL.
What sort? You come across as a Calais man ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #122
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pics of VL!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #123
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Gees how many times do you guys fall for it.

No, poor Jase has had some very tough times recently and I know he needs time to himself. When he is ready I'll be able to have my dash loom and trans brackets etc finished and the rest will be straightforward.

One update is that I've decided instead of putting an EA dash back in, I'm going to go for a later model dash. Eventually I hope to have something like a full ED Fairmont or NC II Fairlane interior.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:38 AM   #124
InitialD
Low and Loud

Yeah its a Sik *** Canery Yellow VL Calais with Interceptors, no front bar with Blitz Cooler, superlows and trio of gauges on the bonnet with chrome cups.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 09-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #125
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Gees how many times do you guys fall for it.
I didn't fall for it. :nutsycuck

I was just playing along. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #126
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Me too!!

The EA will be around til we are all very very old.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #127
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any updates? :
Old 08-03-2006, 02:08 PM   #128
efgiar
rofl copter

and pics?

thats all
Old 08-03-2006, 02:39 PM   #129
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
It's all about the sleeper effect. Upscale models look slightly better than the downspec models, so it makes it that little bit sweeter when you hand them their *** in a drag race.
thats true but i wouldnt go to the trouble to actually downgrade my car....
Cheers
Old 08-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #130
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Oh no not another bump. ;)

Confession time, not much had been happening and a few days ago I had decided to abort the project and part the car out. A very difficult decision but there were many reasons behind it.

* The 4 cyl that I have practically lived in since '03 is now not so far off 200,000 kms, and I'd rather sell soonish when it still has some hint of resale value
* To enable a substantial upgrade, I calculated quite a few grand in parts value for the EA, especially since all the smaller parts like XR6 brake booster could easily fetch top dollar on Ebay (as I found with my EL back in '04)
* In aborting the project I would not only get back dollars from parts, but prevent a devastating financial blow-out with the forced induction stuff, where even $5k doesn't get you very far.

But above all, the whole thing had proven an absolute disaster – I had lost a lot of respect within the Club for failing to live up to promises, and I felt really bad for Jase who I was relying on too much. And all because of a mistake I made 3 years ago, thinking I could take on a bigger job than I could by myself. So, I figured, I screwed up and I lose the car - life goes on.

Well all that went out the window today when Jase and I had a look at the situation and have successfully devised a realistic timetable. With a welder hired, the front bar can be installed and thus the front end, EF radiator etc all installed. All parts except a suitable A/C compressor and few bolts are present to get the engine started. With the transmission mounted and the dash back, it will be basically complete. It will only be a few evenings of work, and it turns out Jase's new job is right in my area too!

From there, it will all go back to the original plan, I'm still keeping the GL exterior temporarily while I focus on the more important mechanical changes, the LPG conversion and the forced induction set-up which will initially be quite basic. The biggest weak link will be the transmission but I insist on using the BT-R - time will tell on that because there's no point thinking that far ahead.

Hopefully there will be some good news soon - at least this is now a top priority.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #131
EFFalcon
Last warning

GOod to hear theres some more enthusiasm, things can always look dire, but in reality its only a few days work away from being back together, just takes some time and effort (hard to build up the effort side of things i know)
with reguards to the auto, big cooler and shift kit should see it last a while, good luck Jack, would be great to see the EA back on the road, it has been far too long
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 08-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #132
TUFED6
Banned

Maybe split it into chunks of work, always the easiest way to get through a big project. Just get it running and registered again NA/standard, then bolt all your FI stuff back on I reckon.

- John
Old 08-03-2006, 05:12 PM   #133
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

That's exactly the plan John/s. Cheers guys, I'll keep everyone updated.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #134
NZ
~~~

Substantial upgrade? The Eunos isnt agood enough now??
Old 08-03-2006, 08:19 PM   #135
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Nope, this is the same reason why it didn't end up replacing the Laser. I realised that a daily driver should be something that can be bashed around, dented, driven off road, loaded with boxes, not washed for months, etc without worrying. Nothing but an older Australian car meets this criteria in my opinion.

If I did leave the EA and the Club with my tail between my legs, I would specifically look for something basic but high quality like a low kms Vienta. Hopefully it won't come to that.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #136
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Nope, this is the same reason why it didn't end up replacing the Laser. I realised that a daily driver should be something that can be bashed around, dented, driven off road, loaded with boxes, not washed for months, etc without worrying. Nothing but an older Australian car meets this criteria in my opinion.

If I did leave the EA and the Club with my tail between my legs, I would specifically look for something basic but high quality like a low kms Vienta. Hopefully it won't come to that.
Vienta? only good thing I have to say about those are that stereo installation isnt too hard :P

Good to hear jack that your still going to persist with the project. I cant wait to see my old GL bits going faster then my car, imagine that, my old hubcaps going quicker then the car they came off lol :

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 08-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #137
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialD
imagine that, my old hubcaps going quicker then the car they came off lol :
Imagine that my old rims are going slower then the car THEY came off :P

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Old 08-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #138
EFFalcon
Last warning

atleast both ur sets of rims are moving at the moment steve ;)
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 08-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #139
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialD
Vienta? only good thing I have to say about those are that stereo installation isnt too hard :P
I thought Vienta drivers only listened to 774 and 693?

I spose all the hidden context in those dapper 50s hits come out in the subs eh :P
Old 09-03-2006, 11:03 AM   #140
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
forced induction stuff, where even $5k doesn't get you very far.
$4500 got me 181.3 at the wheels and a 14.3 second pass on my first day racing. A couple of hundred more will see me in to the 13's easy.

Good to see an update and hopefully you will get it done soon. The best way to tackle stuff you don't know how to do is by yourself, so just get in there and try it Jack.

Sundeep
Old 09-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #141
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
I thought Vienta drivers only listened to 774 and 693?

I spose all the hidden context in those dapper 50s hits come out in the subs eh :P
Funny you guys are mentioning vienta's as i'm currently hooking up a $6000 stereo in my friends car which happens to be a vienta. And mick, your right, the stereo installation is relatively easy

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Old 08-05-2006, 01:35 PM   #142
Hotwire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And the latest is...........
Old 08-05-2006, 02:03 PM   #143
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire
And the latest is...........
The latest is the rest of parts for the engine have been gathered together for installation, a welder is lined up for the front bar to be welded in, just need to get organised now and finish the minor things to get it running.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 08-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #144
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

The other latest update is MightyEF getting slapped around a bit with a large trout ;)

The latest trip to JRs was for nothing but a load of bolts. I'll post back when there are worthwhile updates, but Jase being very busy with an upcoming move of house means concrete dates are difficult to achieve.

In the meantime, I am locking this thread purely because it's all hopelessly out of date. Cheers. ;)
Closed Thread