Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #121
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

yeah the first aussie falcon is a version of the original us falcon
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 03:26 PM   #122
blackahcdx

Just posted on www.ls1.com.au

New pics of the VE, also includes a pic of the statesman/caprice, and the first glimpse of the interior

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...t=53655&page=2

Thanks to HSV,_I_GOT_ONE from www.ls1.com.au who posted these pics!

The black car is a statesman/caprice, the blue one a Commodore.

First gilimpse of the interior too!

Last edited by blackahcdx; 18-04-2006 at 03:49 PM.
blackahcdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 03:52 PM   #123
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

that guy was lucky to get those pics but the door trim still looks similar to the old one although its probably picture quality

EDIT:here are some more pics that i just found on jc http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/...t=30039&page=2
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway

Last edited by FGX-351; 18-04-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 18-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #124
Bossxr8
Peter Car

How much does the C pillar/rear screen/roof profile/rear door glass area look like the BA. Try some originality Holden. Can't see jack of the interior though.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #125
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
Now bear with me quality wise, as it was taken with my Mobile Phone... And a few were taken thru a window while they were still outside.
Had just gone to fuel up the forklift. I asked one of the drivers "So do i need to guess... VE Commodore" and he smirked at me. The blue SS has quad pipes. Didn't want to start either. :

Cheers
Funny but thats not that uncommon, I was at KD holden when a suit came out to jump in his VZ Sv8, Took 2 shots to start, But i also have this problem myself from time to time when warm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
How much does the C pillar/rear screen/roof profile/rear door glass area look like the BA. Try some originality Holden. Can't see jack of the interior though.
If it looks like anything it's the VZ out:
Old 20-04-2006, 03:18 AM   #126
andy_carnut
Resident Graphic Designer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4u
how fuct is his ad for dodo, that made him look like a real tool
Its more like you should watch Todd Kelly's body language towards the girl in the ad, he'd much rather be riding with her than in the passenger seat of Skaife's car... :
andy_carnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #127
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
How much does the C pillar/rear screen/roof profile/rear door glass area look like the BA.
not very much at all.
Old 15-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #128
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

I think this VE is looking awesome from what we can see so far, this car will take the market by storm. From what you hear from the news articles its going to be one top notch, top quality car, with one article saying the rear suspension is better thn that of an E class mercedes, and saying this will be the mercedes benz for the average wage earners, this could be something for ford to worry about.

If only they would bring out the torana, that would be a car I wouldn't think twice about going into debt for.

If they were to bring out the Torana With the HFV6 a 2.2 Ecotec, and a diesel 3.0 and 1.9, with optiona AWD and the commodore with the 3.6, 3.2 Optional 3.0 diesel and ptional AWD I think we really have a recepie that ford should be scared of, and pointing tawards them losing A LOT of sales.

Yes ford could probably catch up to the VE as that is the aim of the game, but I think Holden will be on its toes A little more from now on.

VT anyone? It had it all over the AU when it came out untill the BA when they brought it a beefier (though as usual gas guzzler) engine and a goor IRS system. Holden has been running the curent shape for 9 years now, and I'msure a lot of it has to been to try and get things right with the VE and by that meaning making it a world class car. I', hoping the torana won't be to many years behind as much as Holden say there is no market for it there is, we are in the same era as the 70's with fuel problems and the torana worked for the kingswood, why not the commodore. My guess is holden is to scared it will outsell the commodore. Maybe possibly calling it a commodore with just something different. Like hyundai did with the Elantra and Elantra lavita, that way if the "torana" was to outsell the commodore they can still say Commodore is the best selling car.

2006 is looking liek the year that I loose faith in Ford, I mean ford had the chance with the BA to bring something out way bigger and better, but what did they do, only slightly drove past what Holden had at the time, If this is good as all saying it will be, I will be considering it. And esspecially if they are breaking the 10L/100k's mark like they have said.

Stoney!
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #129
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

vt over au was alot more complex then that, it was a case of too much american influence on au, excellent marketing of the vt and a somewhat bland interior in the au but in saying that ride in each of those cars and it will seem obvious which is the more refined car to be in(i regularly ride in both) and with modern cars economy is one thing but if your in it for reasons such as performance(6cylinder), refinement, towing capacity and better prices i know which brand il'd be picking

-- Factory Manual
Old 15-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #130
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney!
I think this VE is looking awesome from what we can see so far, this car will take the market by storm. From what you hear from the news articles its going to be one top notch, top quality car, with one article saying the rear suspension is better thn that of an E class mercedes, and saying this will be the mercedes benz for the average wage earners, this could be something for ford to worry about.

If only they would bring out the torana, that would be a car I wouldn't think twice about going into debt for.

If they were to bring out the Torana With the HFV6 a 2.2 Ecotec, and a diesel 3.0 and 1.9, with optiona AWD and the commodore with the 3.6, 3.2 Optional 3.0 diesel and ptional AWD I think we really have a recepie that ford should be scared of, and pointing tawards them losing A LOT of sales.

Yes ford could probably catch up to the VE as that is the aim of the game, but I think Holden will be on its toes A little more from now on.

VT anyone? It had it all over the AU when it came out untill the BA when they brought it a beefier (though as usual gas guzzler) engine and a goor IRS system. Holden has been running the curent shape for 9 years now, and I'msure a lot of it has to been to try and get things right with the VE and by that meaning making it a world class car. I', hoping the torana won't be to many years behind as much as Holden say there is no market for it there is, we are in the same era as the 70's with fuel problems and the torana worked for the kingswood, why not the commodore. My guess is holden is to scared it will outsell the commodore. Maybe possibly calling it a commodore with just something different. Like hyundai did with the Elantra and Elantra lavita, that way if the "torana" was to outsell the commodore they can still say Commodore is the best selling car.

Stoney!
The VE commodore basically is the torana, thats what the torana concept was for, to show off what the next commodore will look like and the engine it way have, and judge the response.

Holden simply do not have the resources to make another whole new model, just remember the VE is only the very first Australian designed commodore

lets just wait untill it comes out then we will be able to see if the rear suspension is "better" then the merc suspension, no one knows how good the car is excpet for holden employees, you reading "articles" means nothing as they are simply rumours at the moment. dont forget GM are in real trouble at the moment and holden had to do lots of cost cutting for the VE.

BA gass guzzler? once again it seems you are relying on rumours. our BA gets 11.5l/100km i would hardly call that gass guzzling! for the power and weight of these things they a fairly good on fuel

its funny how people have already have come to conclusion on a vehicle that no one has driven or even seen in any sort of detail.
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 03:46 PM   #131
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
The VE commodore basically is the torana, thats what the torana concept was for, to show off what the next commodore will look like and the engine it way have, and judge the response.

Holden simply do not have the resources to make another whole new model, just remember the VE is only the very first Australian designed commodore

lets just wait untill it comes out then we will be able to see if the rear suspension is "better" then the merc suspension, no one knows how good the car is excpet for holden employees, you reading "articles" means nothing as they are simply rumours at the moment. dont forget GM are in real trouble at the moment and holden had to do lots of cost cutting for the VE.

BA gass guzzler? once again it seems you are relying on rumours. our BA gets 11.5l/100km i would hardly call that gass guzzling! for the power and weight of these things they a fairly good on fuel

its funny how people have already have come to conclusion on a vehicle that no one has driven or even seen in any sort of detail.
They do have the recources to make a whole new model which is what they are doin now, and what the torana also was. GM may be in a lot of trouble but they have reconised Holden as the STAR child, also one of the only sections of GM that were making a considerable profit, so they have let them do what they need to do to bring the cash flow on pace, not to mention it hans't stopped them spending over $1 Billion on the design of the VE.

My oath its a gas guzzler, when I took my BA XR6 company car from sydney to newcastle (on the cruise control) it used 9.4 L/100 on the trip, and filling it up when i got there showed similar figures, my ol VZ SV6 Company car averages 7.1 and even my 82 cressida evrages 8.7.

My SV6 was averaging 10.5 when putting around town and 11.5 with a heavy foot, very economical engines, the falcon was alrite whileputting around but sink the foot just a little and it chewed through it.

Stoney!
Old 15-05-2006, 06:34 PM   #132
brendan24688

I think this DAEWOO will be very close to the VE :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ff.JPG (58.6 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by brendan24688; 15-05-2006 at 06:53 PM.
brendan24688 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 06:41 PM   #133
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

I doubt it. If it is, god help holden.
Falcon_Phill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #134
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan24688
I think this DAEWOO will be very close to the VE :
Ummm not really - there might be some vague styling elements but that's about it. That Daewoo is coming our way as the next Vectra replacement and should be here later this year.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 07:53 PM   #135
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If that car had Honda badges on it it would be labelled as the cutting edge of Euro-esque design lol

Looks quite nice.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #136
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
They do have the recources to make a whole new model which is what they are doin now, and what the torana also was. GM may be in a lot of trouble but they have reconised Holden as the STAR child, also one of the only sections of GM that were making a considerable profit, so they have let them do what they need to do to bring the cash flow on pace, not to mention it hans't stopped them spending over $1 Billion on the design of the VE.

My oath its a gas guzzler, when I took my BA XR6 company car from sydney to newcastle (on the cruise control) it used 9.4 L/100 on the trip, and filling it up when i got there showed similar figures, my ol VZ SV6 Company car averages 7.1 and even my 82 cressida evrages 8.7.

My SV6 was averaging 10.5 when putting around town and 11.5 with a heavy foot, very economical engines, the falcon was alrite whileputting around but sink the foot just a little and it chewed through it.

Stoney!
We hired a Ford Territory TX last year to Bathurst, Up it ran 12.5 L/100 Back 11.5 L/100. On the cruise 98% of the time.
Old 16-05-2006, 01:27 AM   #137
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
We hired a Ford Territory TX last year to Bathurst, Up it ran 12.5 L/100 Back 11.5 L/100. On the cruise 98% of the time.
Im a little surprised, that is a lot, was it an AWD?

May i say the figures i quoted were the best I ever got from my trips up there from the ford, I can't quite remember the others, I do remember a work mate saying after filling in sydney he got to newcastle to notice the fuel had dropped a bit and he should get some before he went to his meeting and he put 27 litres of fuel in it, I near fell backwards.

He said after the VT (which i sadly never got to have one) which he drove from syd to tamworth the to gilgandra, then drove it from the hotel to work and back for 2 weeks and didn't have to fill till he departed for sydney, he said he was shocked.

Stoney!
Old 16-05-2006, 08:31 AM   #138
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Im a little surprised, that is a lot, was it an AWD?

May i say the figures i quoted were the best I ever got from my trips up there from the ford, I can't quite remember the others, I do remember a work mate saying after filling in sydney he got to newcastle to notice the fuel had dropped a bit and he should get some before he went to his meeting and he put 27 litres of fuel in it, I near fell backwards.

He said after the VT (which i sadly never got to have one) which he drove from syd to tamworth the to gilgandra, then drove it from the hotel to work and back for 2 weeks and didn't have to fill till he departed for sydney, he said he was shocked.

Stoney!
Nah RWD but we had the whole rear full we couldn't see out the back at all. The rear was way down low. Thats maybe why coming home it was so much better. But we thrashed the balls off it coming home the traffic was huge we got out after the race finished first got a jump by about 10min then the massive traffic came and swamped us. the HSV's and FPV's dragging home.
I got some funny comments driving the Territory with my HRT top and hat You couldn't miss us it was green.
Old 16-05-2006, 09:01 AM   #139
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:

Stoney!
Easter 2006 - BA XR8 manual + 2 adults + 3 year old + packed to the rafters = 2150kg + ? 2067.1 highway km's = 10.82 L/100. 99% of the time on cruise. Anyway, back on topic....
The B series Falcons have consistantly been applauded for outshining Mercedes' Australian suspension tuning. Holden is just playing catch up.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post