Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-05-2006, 07:25 PM   #31
eed-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done awesome news.

The footage i saw of the car on the lifestyle show with glenn ridge looked like the car wasnt quite comfortable with the suspension setup. I presume you did not have the bilstein coilovers and springs in there?? It looked twitchy and unsettled compared to the lighter jap cars.. Hopefully the new coilovers will sort that out..

Good luck for the season and I hope you take it to Buldger!!
520rwhp
eed-250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #32
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eed-250
Well done awesome news.

The footage i saw of the car on the lifestyle show with glenn ridge looked like the car wasnt quite comfortable with the suspension setup. I presume you did not have the bilstein coilovers and springs in there?? It looked twitchy and unsettled compared to the lighter jap cars.. Hopefully the new coilovers will sort that out..
yeah i thought the same thing, and where the nissan was sitting nice and flat as it zigzagged up the straight side to side, the f6 looked quite unsettled with even a bit of body roll!
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #33
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Now this is what Ford should be doing with their marketing dollar, now get it on a tour, visit every track in Aus (and NZ)

If it can be orgainised as a promo with the super cars there would be a great oportunity to present the cars out of the grandpa image.
Old 18-05-2006, 10:25 PM   #34
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Could you PLEASE fit a vid cam in the car when you do your drifting in June... I'll host it for you on the net .... PLEASE!!!!!

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #35
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Now this is what Ford should be doing with their marketing dollar, now get it on a tour, visit every track in Aus (and NZ)
Im with you mate 100%, get it to the V8 rounds out with the CAPA Ute boys doing some slides and burnouts and into the competitive drifting.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 12:42 AM   #36
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eed-250
Well done awesome news.

Good luck for the season and I hope you take it to Buldger!!
"Bilstein are sponsoring the car with custom built coil over untis with remote resivors. The sprig rates are going to be rock solid 1000 lbs front and 800lbs rear that 18kg and 16kg in the new money. This will mean the car should sit like any other jap car out there."

Taken from a post at nissansilvia.com - drift section
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #37
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

That is some fukn stiff rates. I dont htink the4re are even any D1 cars running that, but then again few are as heavy...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 07:23 PM   #38
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Whats it like to drive the DRIF6 Adam?
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 07:38 PM   #39
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That great mate. Good luck for the future. You must of proven yourself to land that job. Well done.

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post