Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-06-2006, 09:38 PM   #1
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default calling all holden fans on this site

if there are any holden fans or people who know a bit about holdens out there on this site, i need your help.

firstly i apologise for talking about holdens on a ford site but i need help as i also own a holden besides my EA and EB,

my problem is my HQ has a 253 V8 and i bought a new starter motor to put on it because i converted it from a 6 to a V8 and the motor i got didn't have a starter motor, but when i bolted the new one on. the front housing of the starter where the bush sits in is hard against the flywheel and has locked up the flywheel. now do i have the wrong starter motor or is my flywheel too big or do i need a spacer for the starter motor where it bolts to the block. or is there another reason for this

EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post