Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #1
xr8man83
Grunt Files

Default more horsies $18

while on ebay earlier today i saw this its got good feedback and its only 18 bucks so if it dont work who cares i got one and there is bout 60 left so get into them before they run out. :SaiyanSmi

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Old 11-06-2006, 10:56 PM   #2
ziggee

if you get it, can I get a copy of the ebook? with all the tips ;)

Old 11-06-2006, 10:58 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Congrats.. you just paid $18 to make your car (that already runs massively rich from the factory) run even richer!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #4
xr8man83
Grunt Files

congrats good one man if i was conserned bout fuel prices i would buy a toyota prius or somfin maby thats wot you should get
:
Old 11-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8man83
congrats good one man if i was conserned bout fuel prices i would buy a toyota prius or somfin maby thats wot you should get
:
Umm.. you dont understand the relationship of air and fuel mixtures do you? You have purchased something that is effectively going to make you car run like the choke is on. Great in cold start ups but it will drown it in fuel when its warm.

As for fuel economy of my car..... I'm guessing you are new around here

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:08 PM   #6
BlueKoop
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its just a 50c Resistor you can get from any local jaycar store. . .

1973 Vivid Blue Pearl XB Coupe

Engine Build up and progress thread

New Car

2008 FG F6 Ute
Old 11-06-2006, 11:08 PM   #7
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

over rich mixtures means less power not more, so i wouldnt be giving cheek to casper there bud
Old 11-06-2006, 11:08 PM   #8
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

After seeing that, I believe him, i'm gonna buy the remaining amount of resistors off him.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
Old 11-06-2006, 11:11 PM   #9
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Umm.. you dont understand the relationship of air and fuel mixtures do you? You have purchased something that is effectively going to make you car run like the choke is on. Great in cold start ups but it will drown it in fuel when its warm.

As for fuel economy of my car..... I'm guessing you are new around here

The only thing that is missing here is....... :
Old 11-06-2006, 11:19 PM   #10
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

The poor bugger just gets flamed for his troubles...
Old 11-06-2006, 11:19 PM   #11
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

needfordspeed i love your picture.

I think we should get a discount how about a group buy?: ..lol.

Let us know how it goes xr8man83 :eclipsee_

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 11-06-2006, 11:24 PM   #12
ziggee

some people on here [ford forum] need to chill (take the red pill), not pointing @ anyone inparticular .... I realise that most have vast knowledge and experince and have heard it all before, but man o man, sometimes people don't wanna post a question becuase they get flamed.

I wonder if its an internet thing, say OP joined a club, and asked a fellow member, wonder if IRL you'd get treated as such??

i think text is a misguided form of communication, things get taken out of perspective and meanings lost, mis-interpretted etc etc

oh well.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:36 PM   #13
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I really need to get up with the times, the poor old English language is really getting a belting these days, must be those rich fumes doing it.

Will re-open the thread when fuel prices reach 1.97L.
Closed Thread