Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-06-2006, 03:03 AM   #1
Growler

Arrow EF Headlight probs

Anyone know a mod that can be done to headlights to see better?

I have sanded them to clear, changed the globes to the brightest legal, adjusted them numerous times, and also installed driving lights but i still can't see bugerall. I have had my eyes checked, <lol and tried a mates EL and it's much the same.

The situation becomes dangerous when it is dark and raining or just if the road is wet at night, i can only see about 2-3m in front of my car, what can i do to fix this shhhiiit?

Growler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

What globes did you put in? Have you tried adjusting them? What driving lights did you install? How old are the headlights? If the shiney part of the headlight is faded lighting performance will be reduced.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Depends on how much you think its worth to see better

Twinlight make an XR8 XR8 Headlight version for EF EL

You only have to replace the Headlight - eg you dont have to put an XR Front on

Here is there Link but it will cost you $650 plus

www.twinlight.com.au

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
LukeyBAXR6
BA XR6

They looks heaps nice, too bad about the price of them.. but look wicked considering nothing else needs to be done!
Old 18-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #5
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I had the same problem with the EL Fairmont i just bought from Olympus.
As we live in the country and we didn't pick the car up until late afternoon by the time we left Adelaide it was dark and the low beam was terrible.
The lenses were the worst i had ever experienced and had those blue zenon globes in them. I couldn't even see the bitumen and drove home with the highbeam on without getting flashed once in 170K's of travelling.

The next morning i bought the wet rub paper and cleaned them up like new and when i checked the globes they weren't in the socket properly so one was pointing up and one down.
I put the lights back onto the car and tested them that night with a slight improvement.
The next day i pulled them out again and as i had tried CLR in my coolant resevior tank and had some left over i poured it into the headlight and swished it around.
I couldn't believe it when the solution turned yellow,i poured it out and thouroughly rinsed them with rain water.
The result was amazing!
The reflectors were perfect and looked like new.
I used my wifes hair dryer to dry them out thouroughly and tested them that night with amazing results
I can see now and have a good 40-50mtrs of vision on low beam and high beam that deters even the brightest truck lights.
Sorry about the long post but if it helps its all good
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 12:58 AM   #6
havoc19
Banned

sorry to hijack threat but whats this about clr in the head lights to make the lenses cleaner?
havoc19 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 01:16 AM   #7
old_mate
Smash the Boost

www.theheadlighthospital.com.au

Oh and slightly off topic, how did the CLR go on the header tank?

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 09:36 AM   #8
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
sorry to hijack thread but whats this abuot clr to clean the lenses?
Read the post above yours, he is talking about cleaning the reflective housing on the inside of the headlight.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 04:49 PM   #9
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
www.theheadlighthospital.com.au

Oh and slightly off topic, how did the CLR go on the header tank?
The CLR made a slight difference to the coolant bottle but didn't remove the really heavy stuff.
I think if you could soak it in a container of neat CLR for 24hrs say it would work better, but at $17 for .5 ltr it is nearly as expensive as buying a new coolant bottle.
Old 19-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #10
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc19
sorry to hijack threat but whats this about clr in the head lights to make the lenses cleaner?
I haven't had the CLR i removed from the headlights analised but going by the fact that it went in clear and came out looking like urine, i would say it has removed the dust and crap from both the reflector and the inside of the lense.
As i said in my first post i tried the headlights after sanding them and after using CLR and it made a huge difference.
However, i would say it would depend on how bad the lights are inside to start with.

Steve