Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-06-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 
Default Momo Gear

Just a quick question

Was the Momo options (gear knob/steering wheel) avalible as options on the base model? eg XL ute or just on the higher end model?

Cheers

superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats actually the same thing i was wondering myself, as i am interested in one of those blue momo xr wheels, but i am worried about how it may affect my insurance. my assumption was that if it was a factory option, it wont change anything?
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I don't think they were an option from the Ford brochure list but I'm sure some dealer's would have fitted them to customer's vehicle's if asked.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 11:16 PM   #4
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They were a factory option, my Tickford i.d plate lists what options the car came with, the steering wheel and gear shift are listed.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 11:59 PM   #5
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is that why you were asking superoo? for the insurance? does this mean that even though its a genuine ford part, that if i got into an accident (again :P ) and i had a momo wheel that it would void my insurance as it wasnt factory or dealer fitted?
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
They were a factory option, my Tickford i.d plate lists what options the car came with, the steering wheel and gear shift are listed.
Yes for Tickford model's but he is asking about base model's, XL ute, which like I said probably not a factory option but dealer's would probably do it for you.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #7
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i dont think it would make any difference as far as insurance goes, as long as the air bag isnt removed and deploys in a front end accident they cant really say anything against it....well as far as i can see anyway...
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 08:28 PM   #8
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Yes for Tickford model's but he is asking about base model's, XL ute, which like I said probably not a factory option but dealer's would probably do it for you.
They also fitted them to up-spec AU's as well. My old man has an AU1 Fairmont with factory fitted Tickford 17's, Momo steering wheel and Tickford suspension. He also has the Tickford build plate showing this in the engine bay. My guess is that it would be available as an option when new and therefore shouldn't affect insurance if you do fit any of it. The only downside is you won't have a Tickford build plate showing them as factory fitted.