Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-06-2006, 05:20 AM   #1
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Default Odometer reprogram?

Hi guys,

Looking at fitting an XR cluster to the AU, I know this topic has been brought up a few times now.

In regards to getting the odometer reading correct everyone talks about sending the cluster to VDO. Where are VDO? I'm guessing victoria?

Has anyone had the eprom switched or reprogrammed elsewere like an instrument repairer?

Cheers

Adrian.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 07:10 AM   #2
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

As far as I know you can get this done at ANY Instrument repairer? Yellow pages or Google?
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #3
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

the guy next door to our factory does all that vdo/speedo stuff. i can get you his number if you want

TS50 Build
mr_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #4
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Cool would appreciate it.

Cheers

Adrian.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Old 21-06-2006, 11:07 PM   #5
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

this is there details
Advanced Automotive Instrument
Unit B1, 77 Carrington St Revesby NSW 2212
ph: (02) 9792 7399

TS50 Build
mr_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 08:21 AM   #6
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I thought the AU cluster reset itself to a stored odo reading in the ECU when you plugged a new cluster in.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #7
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Hmmmm going to scrap the idea, not keen on spending $200 to change over the odometer reading. I'll just stick to the standard gauges

Thanks for everyones help, greatly appreciated.

Old 22-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Also Ford can do it ... ask them ... but they might be bloody expensive as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #9
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Hehe.....bloody expensive is about right.....I will pass, I have to add the price of the cluster onto that as well. Ford have put a smile on my face with their cars, yet their service departments never have nor will.