Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #1
JouMa

Default Problems Problems Problems - EFII Fairmont Ghia

Aircon System

a/c Pumped seized up - had it replaced..cost a load
regased a/c
TX Valve Got blocked - had it replaced
regased a/c
TX valve shat it self agian - getting FIXED HOPEFULLY tomorrow
have to get regased agian i gues

driving in the night had heater swithed on and no warm air. did diagnostics on climate controll got E2-blend door motor/flap - will have to fixed aswell

started cold morning and no power steering. couldnt move the steering wheel.turned of car, turned on agian, power steering worked - maybe a sign its playing up...i dunno - maybe have to get it fixed

some times when starting car i get this grinding noise - was told it could be the chain - have to look into that

something wrong with auto - drove along and engine reved but car didnt accelerate - have to look into that

wheel alignment - tyre shop couldnt get fixed. took to ford. got it aligned..for a day......then way of agian

this all happen within a month!!!!

what is going on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

done 175000 k's

i drive like a granny!!!!!

JouMa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #2
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

[QUOTE=JouMa]driving in the night had heater swithed on and no warm air. did diagnostics on climate controll got E2-blend door motor/flap - will have to fixed aswell[QUOTE]

i have the same problem in the olds fairlane. how did you run the diagnostics?
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
Dezza
Parts bin special

Comes as part of owning a car that is getting old. I spent $1300 in the last few weeks replacing a head gasket, a steering rack, and suspension bushes, as well as a wheel alignment. I've also got noisy wheel bearings and my transmission thumps between gears (probably the S5 solenoid). My aircon compressor is stuffed also (not that it matters this time of year) and a couple of months ago, I had to replace a whole electric window assembly. None of this stuff is cheap, but at least every part that is replaced, means one less worry for the future.

EB_Pete, there is a useful document on the Fordmod site that gives all the details for the diagnostics. Check out:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=9

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 09:53 AM   #4
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
started cold morning and no power steering. couldnt move the steering wheel.turned of car, turned on agian, power steering worked - maybe a sign its playing up...i dunno - maybe have to get it fixed
Have you checked power steering fluid? Was the car at proper idle speed? If it isn't, the steering becomes very heavy to turn.

Quote:
driving in the night had heater swithed on and no warm air. did diagnostics on climate controll got E2-blend door motor/flap - will have to fixed aswell
That's a very common problem with E-Series. If you do a search you'll find all the info you're after. The blend door is around $180 from Ford, and they charge around $500 to install it, or you can do it yourself.

Quote:
something wrong with auto - drove along and engine reved but car didnt accelerate - have to look into that
Whens the last time the trans was flushed and serviced? This sounds just like the trans is low on fluid. EFII-onwards don't have dipsticks, so checking fluid level is harder. There's a filler hole on the RHS of the trans, towards the back of the main trans housing.

Quote:
wheel alignment - tyre shop couldnt get fixed. took to ford. got it aligned..for a day......then way of agian
What's way off again? You've measured the angles of the front wheels and they have moved considerably since yesterday? Perhaps you need a camber kit to align the wheels properly, or a tie-rod end is broken.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #5
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

thanks for that ea silver ghia. i ran the test and had no faults. check the climate control mod and got the following figuers.
30*C
20.5*C
18.5*C
21.5*C
85.5*C

all bar 2 of those readouts make sense. the 2nd last one is 'air con vent selection' and i don't know what 30 means (dosen't say in the thread) and the last figure is 'water heater valve operation' 1= on/0= off. i got a reading of 99.5. so i don't know what that means.

also done the function test.
past test 1
failed test 2 (fan speed is high straight away) not sure how to test whats wrong and where to find the fan controller or unit.
failed test 3 - so i'm guessing it might have somthing to do with the water heater valve not opening, cause i got the dodgy read about it in the other test.

is the water heater valve the one under the manifold that runs from the thermostat housing to the cabin? if so when it's allowing water to flow throw it is the arm pushed in or out?

sorry bout hi-jacking the thread.
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB Pete
thanks for that ea silver ghia. i ran the test and had no faults. check the climate control mod and got the following figuers.
30*C
20.5*C
18.5*C
21.5*C
85.5*C

all bar 2 of those readouts make sense. the 2nd last one is 'air con vent selection' and i don't know what 30 means (dosen't say in the thread) and the last figure is 'water heater valve operation' 1= on/0= off. i got a reading of 99.5. so i don't know what that means.

also done the function test.
past test 1
failed test 2 (fan speed is high straight away) not sure how to test whats wrong and where to find the fan controller or unit.
failed test 3 - so i'm guessing it might have somthing to do with the water heater valve not opening, cause i got the dodgy read about it in the other test.

is the water heater valve the one under the manifold that runs from the thermostat housing to the cabin? if so when it's allowing water to flow throw it is the arm pushed in or out?

sorry bout hi-jacking the thread.
My last 2 values are weird as well. They are nothing like the document. I'm guessing those 2 are more for EF/EL. Since it came up without any faults, I'd be guessing your problem would be a rusted heater tap or a blocked heater core. I had a lot of heater trouble last year and the only error I got was E5 - ambient temp sensor. I found my heater core was blocked and the heater tap was rusty.

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
Old 19-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #7
tufLTD
tufLTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JouMa
Aircon System

a/c Pumped seized up - had it replaced..cost a load
regased a/c
TX Valve Got blocked - had it replaced
regased a/c
TX valve shat it self agian - getting FIXED HOPEFULLY tomorrow
have to get regased agian i gues
The reason your TX valves are blocking up is because of the crap from the seized compressor.
Get the A/C system flushed before putting on another TX valve or you will have the same problem again.
tufLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 08:52 PM   #8
EFDream
XRR83D

buy a BA!

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #9
MON10A

No Dont Buy A Ba,sold Ed For It,air Bags And Bit More Power , Finish Not As Good As A 12 Year Old,heaps Of Warranty Problems And The Nearest Dealer You Can Trust 300 Km Away,wont Make That Mistake Again
MON10A is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #10
EFDream
XRR83D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON10A
No Dont Buy A Ba,sold Ed For It,air Bags And Bit More Power , Finish Not As Good As A 12 Year Old,heaps Of Warranty Problems And The Nearest Dealer You Can Trust 300 Km Away,wont Make That Mistake Again

Fair enough! But I had a ride in a BA GT and that was such a good feeling!

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #11
superloweb
Fairmont6

when i got my car it was good for 6 months, then i started doing alot of kays to work everyday and eerything shat itself, head gasket, water pump harmonic balancer, power steer pump idle pulleys, but now that i know all that is fixed it should last a while and i havent touched it for a year extect service her every 5thousand, i say hang in there once the probs are solved they are like new
superloweb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #12
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by superloweb
when i got my car it was good for 6 months, then i started doing alot of kays to work everyday and eerything shat itself, head gasket, water pump harmonic balancer, power steer pump idle pulleys, but now that i know all that is fixed it should last a while and i havent touched it for a year extect service her every 5thousand, i say hang in there once the probs are solved they are like new
I'm hoping that's the case with mine because I've spent a fortune on it recently, as detailed earlier in the thread

Old 29-06-2006, 03:49 PM   #13
JouMa

well last problem doesnt seem to have beenthe tc valve

ive been without my car for 2 weeks now and its really getting annoying now, the guy reckoned the a/c pumped broke agian, so had it replaced..didnt solve problem, had tx valve sensor/switch fixed. didnt work.

goot new pump, and tx valve, now the pump wont stay on, turns on and off, keeps on doing that, doesnt stop, guy reckons it was electronics, had pump directly wired up to battery, worked fine, jst for test. the mechanic said he had the system checked on the computer, said the ac power lead doesnt have the full power, he said this is cause the blend door motor/flap is drawing all the current, since the day i had my car the blen door motor/flap was broken and aircon had always worked. all my problems started when the pump first seized up

ive spent so much money now. and would have been cheaper to have taken it to ford in the first place, but no elders always know better dnt they...........

beeing a school student with part time job money is a major issue. so now having had almost my whole aircon system replaced and still not working is not on for me

anyone had similar problems????
||96 EFII Fairmont GHIA - ||TickFord|| - ||Cat Back|| - ||Pioneer GM7100T (800Watt MonoBlock)|| - ||Pioneer GM3100T (300Watt 2 Channel)|| - ||Pioneer TS-D161S (6" 2 Way 260Watt)|| - ||Kicker 12" x 2|| - ||JVC kd-lxh555||

WTB: EF/EL/NF Corner Lights and woodgrain shifter surround and ELGT steering wheel or EF/EL/NL woodgrian steering wheel.pm me
Old 29-06-2006, 08:46 PM   #14
JouMa

bump bump
||96 EFII Fairmont GHIA - ||TickFord|| - ||Cat Back|| - ||Pioneer GM7100T (800Watt MonoBlock)|| - ||Pioneer GM3100T (300Watt 2 Channel)|| - ||Pioneer TS-D161S (6" 2 Way 260Watt)|| - ||Kicker 12" x 2|| - ||JVC kd-lxh555||

WTB: EF/EL/NF Corner Lights and woodgrain shifter surround and ELGT steering wheel or EF/EL/NL woodgrian steering wheel.pm me