Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-06-2006, 06:24 PM   #1
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Default Bent my EL's bonnet...

Well got stuck on the Gateway in the worst traffic I've ever seen due to a car carrier colliding with the eToll barrier then exploding... anyway I'm sitting in traffic and the truck in front of me disengages his brakes and rolls forward but then instantly engages them... anyway I had just leant down to adjust something and I let my foot off the brake to move forward just a tad and CRUNCH. Tapped the metal bar thing that hangs down off most trucks. End result, my EL's bonnet folded up at the front and zero damage to truck (though I now have a lot of white paint on what is left of my bonnet).

Anyway I took a look and it seems I've only screwed the bonnet - the front bar and guards are AOk. Headlights are still pefectly aligned. Rang around a few dealers and had prices ranging from $500 to $600... unpainted. I am so ****ed right now at myself for doing that I considered lodging a claim on insurance but my excess is $950 (I'm under 25) grrrrr.

Old 29-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #2
EFDream
XRR83D

Just like when some guy slammed on his brakes intentionally and watched in his rearview morror as I hit him.(no cars in front of him). Got out and abused me for tailgating. Tried to teach me a lesson by causing and accident. All we can do in these situations is grin and bear it and promise to be more vigilant! Sorry to hear about your miss-adventure.

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Ouch. Well I had been thinking "hmm man this traffic is dodgy, what are the odds that someone is going to prang it, given all the stop-starts". And yeah I have to go and put that into practice. ****ing hell :(. I just signed a lease on a new place today with my GF.... Have to buy all the gear for the new house then I go and do this. The positive side of it is that I didn't damage the other truck so at least I don't *have* to lodge a claim.

The other issue is I can't even open my bonnet now so I can't look and see what damaged happened. Damn it.
Old 29-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #4
Inferno
Mr Forty Seven

I'm selling a perfectly restored EL Gli/Futura bonnet with a hole suitable for a sequential scoop if your interested, I'm in TAS thou. PM me for more info if your interested.

Also Featuring

NFERNO Registration Plates
ELXR Front Bar & Bonnet with Sequential Scoop
18x8 Graphite Rims, Genie Extractors and Exhaust, Chrome Moulds
ELGT Steering Wheel, Clear Repeators, Cornering Lamps, Tinted Windows
Walnut Highlights, Pionner DEH-P9650MP Headunit & Pro-Series Speakers

Local Playground: Brisbane CBD and surrounding suburbs
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #5
Me_3

http://www.ozeparts.com.au/

Bonnet FEL0500NBB-674 A$330.00
Bonnet FEL0500NG-674 A$464.00

Might be worth a look....
Me_3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #6
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Cheers for that Ozeparts link - that's awesome and its even cheaper if you're a member. Anyone used them before? And do I need the G or BB one?

Also, re the restored one, got any pics of it?

Thanks fellas!

Last edited by Hunter; 29-06-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #7
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hunter that's a bit of bad luck there.. but if it makes you feel better I don't think you were the only one to have had a bingle due to the traffic..

Ring a wrecker and stick a cheapy on.

Vegabass got a cheapish one for his EL not so long ago..(it doesn't have the best paint job but it isn't that bad really).
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #8
Dezza
Parts bin special

Just one word of warning. Don't go for an aftermarket bonnet. I have one on the EA and it is crap. The panel gaps are shocking, the grille doesn't sit flush with the headlights, and it's picked up a few dints because it is fairly flimsy compared to the genuine ones.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 11:44 PM   #9
Joes_meat
Churches Eat Souls

Go to a wrecker?
Joes_meat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 08:27 AM   #10
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

Yeah your best bet is going to a wreaker, I got quoted on a bonnet for my EA for $100... Easy as then get some paint to mach your car(Go some were with a piece of your paint and they will match it) then paint it your self or, pay about $400 for a pannel beating place to paint it for you..
NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 08:39 AM   #11
TUFED6
Banned

I bought my XR headlights from ozeparts, they're reliable.

- John
TUFED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #12
V8R
Turning towards the dark

another vote for ozeparts, good guys there.
V8R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #13
Cobalt_bucket
Blue eyed 17sec bucket

go to panel house at slacks creek, the had a brand new genuine one that someone ordered and was wrong (car was an ef or something) been rubbed back and ready for apint, can't remember how much it was tho, they would have aftermarkets ones there to at a guess