Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 13-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Default Returning Sprint to Original

Hey, guys im wanting to get my sprint back to original as much as possible and was hoping you guys could help me in the form of pics, because im unsure of a few things. The areas i need help in is, rear door trims(i believe mine have been modified for speakers), rear parcel shelf and speaker locations as in sub an amp for premium sound...and radio, i've found one on ebay but am unsure if the sprint had this one http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Lastly can someone tell me how the original exhaust runs.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
-jjM-
Banned

http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=620&page=1

that one seems like a ghia one, brother had one in his ghia (ed), sprint one is different
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Are you even going to put an original exhaust back on????.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #4
John_LS1

that link is for the premium sound. was your sprint optioned with that? even if it wasnt its not a bad factory H/U. my Ghia came with the premium setup. basicly the system has an 8 inch sub in the middle of the parcel shelf and an amp located in the boot on the right hand side with a carpeted cover that clips in. also the optional stacker is on the left hand side under the parcel shelf.

as for the rear door trims you may have a hard time finding them (even just the outers) does yours have factory electric windows? if it does it will be much easier as all you need is a set from a full leather EB2 or ED Ghia and simply swap the arm rest over but if you have manual windows then the rear trims are unique to sprint. (fairmont armrests with a manual winder hole)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #5
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Cool, yep my rear trims have been modified at the bottom where the ashtray is, and that stereo is different.

As for the exhaust i have a single system, and i beleive the standard one is a twin...
Old 13-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #6
bdennis
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Sprint info.

Mate,
here is a link to my photo bucket with sprint pics. It has a pic of the back door trim. No speakers..

Click here

The premium sound was an option and was the same as the fairmont...
The exhaust system was twin all the way to the diff and joined above the diff.. There is a mounting bracket on the body and heat shielding on the body.
I have a workshop manual and can scan the page if you want to see it.Mine still have the original extractors and cats and joins after the gear box so has been changed..
bdennis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #7
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

If you could scan that page that would be great.
Old 13-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #8
bdennis
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fordy. OK will scan and sen you. Please PM me with your email address and I will email to you
Old 13-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #9
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like bdennis has you covered matey ;)

Funny isnt it ... your going original & Im doing a bit to mine ............

I wonder what the percentage is of us owners who keep their Sprints original or not .......
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #10
bdennis
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mother.....
Im a Original fan. Mine does not have the std exhaust but prefer things stock, or anthony I change I keep the original parts to take back to stock...
Old 13-07-2006, 09:43 PM   #11
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can understand that bdennis ......

Although there is a few things about to happen to my baby ... the originals are plastic wrapped in the shed in storage ... just in case ;)

Not that I really intent to need a standard Sprint ...... this baby will NEVER be for sale ...... she is mine forever ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #12
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mines not original in some aspects,heads,cam,air filter,unichip,extractors and full twin exhaust and wheels. (maybe a shaker soon,only because the bonnet is not unique to the Sprints) All the interior is intact-i HATE speaker holes in door trims etc.
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #13
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

heres what i want to fix on mine, everything else is original except the stereo.
Old 14-07-2006, 02:02 PM   #14
Walkinshaw
Two > One

That hurts to see that!

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post