Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
Pouki
Crusin

Post Performance Mods

Hey guys i have had my EL futura for a week now and i have had the windows tinted and a 2.5" exhaust put on it but i want other mods that will improve the performance of my car i want a shift kit but i dont know where to get them from or how much they are can someone help me out, and give me some info.

also if people dont mind to just tell me what they think i should do to my car ie:which mods i should do and how much they all cost and where to get them from if anyone could help me on this it would be much appreciated thanks guys

ELmalaca

Pouki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2006, 01:47 PM   #2
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

look into getting some good extractors, pacemakers are a good start. also a high flow cat.

fit a tickford air snorkle, and a good air filter, or modify the box to fit a pod.

you could also advance the ignition timing, but you will have to run premium fuel. if you are after more mumbo, then look at getting a cam.

also, if you dont have a transmission oil cooler, i highly recommend a cooler. you want to look after your auto.

also, dont forget to change fluids when required. if your oils look off before the scheduled service its a good idea to change.
Old 18-07-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
dansince86

search button is ur friend, there are endless amounts of threads on this topic.

[CENTER]88 EA Fairmont Ghia
- Super lows (all corners) - Shortened Shocks - Custom CAI - Clear Indicators - EF XR8 LSD - EL XR 6 Head - Jim Mock XR6 cam re-ground - BF XR6 17's - Advance Extractor's - Redback 2.5" sports exhaust -
dansince86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #4
Pouki
Crusin

thanks OED666
Old 18-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #5
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELmalaca
Hey guys i have had my EL futura for a week now and i have had the windows tinted and a 2.5" exhaust put on it but i want other mods that will improve the performance of my car i want a shift kit but i dont know where to get them from or how much they are can someone help me out, and give me some info.

also if people dont mind to just tell me what they think i should do to my car ie:which mods i should do and how much they all cost and where to get them from if anyone could help me on this it would be much appreciated thanks guys

ELmalaca
Hey bud...i got a shiftkit of www.shiftkit.com. It was about 130$ from memory and was easy to install myself.It was also a fully adjustable one so u can turn it up an down or just turn it off. But like OED666 said a cooler would be a very good idea for the gearbox.I havnt done this yet but a new diff center with say 3.9s or 4.1s will help cancel out the auto being so slow...oh yeah and get it lsd while your at it. have fun :
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #6
Pouki
Crusin

thanks a lot for the advice man cheers
Old 20-07-2006, 07:33 AM   #7
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

This works for me
|
|