Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-03-2005, 03:30 PM   #1
WeirdEL

Question EL Fresh/Recirculate Flap Repair

Do any of you people have any thoughts on how to repair the shaft on the fresh air/recirculate flap on an EL Falcon? I was thinking of going to a wreckers to get a S/H one and modify it by installing a metal shaft and arm and then swap over. Anyone done anything similar?

I know I can go and buy a new one and stick that in but it will probably fail again and I don't want to have to pull the dash out more than once (actually, I don't even want to do it once :jab: ).

Yes, this is a : but I thought I'd try here, too.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:21 PM   #2
danege

Is it stuck on re-circ? If so, just leave it.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:04 PM   #3
WeirdEL

Actually, it's free to move so I constructed a specially crafted piece of wood to keep it in the recirculate position. It's nice on a long trip, however, to have the option of having fresh air blowing through the cabin.

I just though someone must have come up with a way of repairing the thing so it doesn't break again! :(
Old 09-03-2005, 12:52 AM   #4
460cixy
burn out king

i got eb stuck on fresh had a look at another eb unit and i think its fixable but would see if you could pick up one thats ****ed . i would pull that one apart and see how that works first . then fix the one you have
460cixy is offline   Reply With Quote