Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
EF_Ghia

Default ED Manual parts in EF

Hey guys,

I can get a Manual conversion out of an ED for $500. I just need to know whether everything matches up to my EF particuarly the peddlebox does it fit straight into my EF 94model?

I will need to modify the ecu but i can do a search about that.

Cheers.

EF_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure that the pedal box is differen't for EA,EB and ED to the EF, EL ones.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #3
EF_Ghia

Hmm hopefully someone can confirm. thanks GreenEL
Old 12-08-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

Pedal box is the same no need to stress i have an au pedal box in my eb
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #5
EF_Ghia

Thanks STOKEB.

I been doing a search and found an old thread "EB pedal box into EL" they were discussing the difficulty in making it fit & having to make up new brackets etc losing a litre of blood in th process & that the best way is to buy a Mal Wood pin for $100.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #6
hppsc
Banned

Mal wood pin would be best. Or talk to that other guy in the other thread you made, who ended up making his own pedal pin. It looked cheaper and seemed to do the same thing.

Cheers
hppsc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #7
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

yea hthe pin is the best option if you dont wanna p[ull half the dash off.
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #8
EF_Ghia

Im happy to pull the dash out and instrument cluster, but these guys were saying the pedal boxs dont match up and it's necessary to modify them to fit.

No problem for me to take the instrument cluster out i just had it out today, the only problem i dont want is the pedal box's not matching up properly.
Old 13-08-2006, 11:48 PM   #9
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I made up my own pedal pin, cost about $4 and an hour on a lathe. If i take it out I will take some dimensions of it. its essentially the same as the EA pedal pin, with a thread on it. Just bolts in to the hole just above the brake pedal pin (where the normal pin is welded in). I think the auto pedal boxes are the same as manual once you take the clutch pedal off, or at least my clutch pedal sits level with the brake pedal.

cya
Ben
BLSTIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post